HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suggest HOWTO (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ISPConfig 3.x - First Steps (Creating Web Sites, Email Addresses, Etc.) (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32779)

sighkick 24th March 2009 08:01

ISPConfig 3.x - First Steps (Creating Web Sites, Email Addresses, Etc.)

Are there any plans to cover the First Steps and Installation of various softwares on ISPConfig 3.x just as their are for ISPConfig 2.x?

How close are the ISPConfig 2.x - First Steps (Creating Web Sites, Email Addresses, Etc.) to those specific to version 3.x of ISPConfig?

Interested in adding packages such as Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress and other software as a user available repository - is this possible?

Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

falko 25th March 2009 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by sighkick (Post 176999)
Are there any plans to cover the First Steps and Installation of various softwares on ISPConfig 3.x just as their are for ISPConfig 2.x?

I've added this to my list.

Quote:

How close are the ISPConfig 2.x - First Steps (Creating Web Sites, Email Addresses, Etc.) to those specific to version 3.x of ISPConfig?

You cannot compare ISPConfig 2 with ISPConfig 3. It is a completely different software.

Quote:

Interested in adding packages such as Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress and other software as a user available repository - is this possible?

I've added this as a feature request to our bugtracker.

Jenxie 20th April 2009 22:14

I vote for a ISPConfig 3 first step guide too =)

sighkick 14th August 2009 03:09

5 Months ago .....

Five months ago I asked if there was to be a Howto guide to assist with the initial installation and configuration of ISPConfig3 the same as there is for ISPConfig2.

Has there been any progress in this department?

If anyone has the expertise to produce such documentation, please consider creating one.

I know that I am not the only one that would appreciate a tutorial such as this.

falko 14th August 2009 13:01

Till's still working on it. The problem is that a few things will change in the new ISPConfig 3 release, that's why he wants to wait until the release is out.

Jenxie 23rd October 2009 18:32

It will be most appreciated:D

rosie 12th December 2009 10:43

Yes we're waiting for such a good present

husskii 30th December 2009 23:25

ISPConfig 2.x - First Steps (Creating Web Sites, Email Addresses, Etc.)

Hi just wondering if the howto for ispconfig 3 is out yet, I have just completed the initial setup of The Perfect Server - Debian Lenny (Debian 5.0) [ISPConfig 3]
and would like to now install such apps as wordpress and others.
I noticed that the initial request dates back as far as april but I have not been able to locate the new howto (which Im guessing isnt done yet) :(

and time frame on when we can expect this please...

Thanks howtoforge ur tutorials are unbeatable :)

falko 31st December 2009 14:29

There's no such tutorial yet... :(

husskii 3rd January 2010 13:41

oh what a shame, guess I' m wait lol.....

Love your work :D