HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Postfix error OpenSUSE 11.1 Server Setup (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32735)

foamy0026 23rd March 2009 05:46

Postfix error OpenSUSE 11.1 Server Setup

Hello,

I've searched throughout the forums and could not find a solution to my problem. Also, i'm running this on vmware 6.5 workstation for testing purposes.

I'm currently working on "The perfect Server - OpenSuSE 11.1" I'm currently stuck on step 12 Proftpd, specifically the stop which created the /etc/init.d/proftpd file. I cannot copy/paste the config file so I needed to type it out manually. I've checked it over 5 times and had the wife check it over as well, so I'm confident a typo is not the issue, however, you never know.

I received an error after running the chkconfig --add proftpd command:

insserv: script proftpd is broken: incomplete LSB comment.
insserv: missing 'Required-start:' entry: please add even if empty
insserv: missing 'Required-stop:' entry: please add even if empty
proftpd 0-off 1-off 2-off 3-on 4-off 5-on 6-off

I would love to copy/paste the config file I typed, but I still have yet to figure out how to do this through vmware as i'm in the CLI.

Any suggestions would be fantastic, and greatly appreciated.

falko 24th March 2009 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by foamy0026 (Post 176737)
I would love to copy/paste the config file I typed, but I still have yet to figure out how to do this through vmware as i'm in the CLI.

Any suggestions would be fantastic, and greatly appreciated.

You can connect to the serveru sing an SSH client such as PuTTY. In PuTTY, you can use copy&paste.

foamy0026 25th March 2009 00:08

Falko,

you are a god among mortals. Thank you very much. I installed PuTTY and it worked liked a charm. I deleted the /etc/init.d/proftpd file and created a new one, set the permissions and chkconfig and it worked like a charm.

To be honest I'll continue to use PuTTY for all my configuration needs in the future. The copy/paste feature saves time an hassle.

One a side note, writing the proftpd file by hand did give me a valuable insight on how it works, so no loss there.

Thanks again!