help..... add users to mail system
i have followed the directions to install a email server via the perfect server ubuntu 8.04 hardy server edition. i will not be installing ispconf. i am usinig squirrelmail as a user front.
1. i have an account with my username and password that i log onto the server with.......
2. i can send and recieve mail, checked with my yahoo account.
3. how can i add more users. this is on a lamp server.
4. should i use a database to store them, if so how do i set it up to let me.....
5. or is there another way and if so how......
6. this is my first mail server.....
thanks in advance,
On command line log as root and enter following:
And you probably will also type
is that way better
so i would just add more users to my machine,
is that way better than using a database with virtual users.
if so can you please tell me why....
As I see, your setup is for system users. This is good if you are not going to deal with big number of users.
You can also try a setup for virtual users and domains. There are many related Howtos on this site.
About the advantages, see what Falko says in one of his howtos:
thanks for the insite
thank you for your helpful information. not really sure how many users i will actually have, so i think virtual will be the way to go.....
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:59.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.