HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wrong data in DNS manager (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2985)

Eagle 8th March 2006 22:20

Wrong data in DNS manager

Hello,
I have created 32 sites with some co-domains. In left panel (Sites section) are displayed all sites (every site has one domain) correctly.
But in DNS manager I see only 22 domains. 10 domains missing. When I look into /var/named.conf, all 32 domains have record.
Where is the problem? Thanks for answer.

till 9th March 2006 07:57

Have you checkt all folders in DNS manager and all resellers? Can you find the missing 10 domains by using the search function in DNS-Manager?

Eagle 9th March 2006 09:11

Missing records are not in folders.
When I try search missing records with search function in DNS manager, i found it.
DNS Entry window show up:
Server: MyServer
Domain (SOA): missingdomain.sk
IP Address: 217.12.49.10
(values was changed for security reason)
All looks good, but if I can click to options or records tab, i get error:
Feld: IP Adresse
IP-Adress invalid.

falko 9th March 2006 10:01

Did you change anything manually in the ISPConfig database?

Eagle 9th March 2006 13:59

Yes, I did. I was trying to remove one corrupted user, but I thing it is not a error cause.
But...
I had one reseller with a few clients and sites. I renamed this reseller. Next I created new reseller with the same name, as first reseller before renaming. After moving sites and clients to the new reseller, I deleted old reseller.
Domains, created under new reseller looks good and they are visible in DNS manager. Moved domains aren't visible.
(uf, sorry for my english)

till 9th March 2006 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle
Yes, I did. I was trying to remove one corrupted user, but I thing it is not a error cause.
But...
I had one reseller with a few clients and sites. I renamed this reseller. Next I created new reseller with the same name, as first reseller before renaming. After moving sites and clients to the new reseller, I deleted old reseller.
Domains, created under new reseller looks good and they are visible in DNS manager. Moved domains aren't visible.
(uf, sorry for my english)

Which version had you installed as you moved the sites? There was a bugfix in the 2.2.0 release.

Eagle 9th March 2006 20:00

I have the latest version 2.2.0.
Have I any chance to repair my problem?

falko 9th March 2006 20:55

I don't think so because you made changes to the database! :eek:

Eagle 9th March 2006 21:37

It was a deleting one user, nothing more. When you created bugfix, you must know where is a problem and what to do to correct it. Please.

falko 9th March 2006 22:11

The problem is that the database is very complex. Even I couldn't do changes manually. So if you do manual changes, it is most likely that you break something.