HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 8.10) (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29193)

mrtot 3rd December 2008 20:23

Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 8.10)
 
I hope this thread doesn't exist already.

I just followed the tutorial and some hours of googling later I am even able to login to squirrelmail and send mails.

Unfortunately I cannot receive mails :(

I created an account at dyndns.com (say: myacc.webhop.net) and pointed it to my machines IP address. This obviously does work since I can access squirrelmail via myacc.webhop.net/squirrelmail

When I try to send a mail to user@myacc.webhop.net the mail does not show up in squirrelmail.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

mrtot 4th December 2008 20:28

Okay dudes, problem solved :)

I opened port 25 in my router.
After doing this mails sent to user@myacc.webhop.net got boounced back. I found the following error in my mail.log:

Dec 4 18:32:00 blabla postfix/trivial-rewrite[6816]: warning: do not list domain myacc.webhop.net in BOTH mydestination and virtual_mailbox_domains

To solve this problem I did the following:

postconf -e 'mydestination = localhost, localhost.localdomain'

Now I am able to send and retreive mail on my own mailserver... whooohooo!

Rashef 11th December 2008 13:57

I prefer not to open a new thread related to the same how-to...

During my test I found out two troubles.

The first one is quota related: I set up a 10485760 default quota as described into the how-to, and all the testing users have got this quota. But I'm receiving lots of attachments that increase my inbox up to 18045000 and over...
What to check?

The second problem is Apache related. I didn't change anything of the original preferences but the ones asked in the how-to. I'm able to connect to Squirrelmail within the same subnet of the Ubuntu machine (192.168.10.x). I'm able to connect to Squirrelmail even from 192.168.1.x (the Ubuntu machine is into a DMZ). But I can connect neither to Squirrelmail nor Apache homepage from outside... even if I can reach all the other services (SMTP, POP3, IMAP4).

Thanks in advance!

falko 12th December 2008 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rashef (Post 159319)
I prefer not to open a new thread related to the same how-to...

During my test I found out two troubles.

The first one is quota related: I set up a 10485760 default quota as described into the how-to, and all the testing users have got this quota. But I'm receiving lots of attachments that increase my inbox up to 18045000 and over...
What to check?

Any errors in your mail log?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rashef (Post 159319)
The second problem is Apache related. I didn't change anything of the original preferences but the ones asked in the how-to. I'm able to connect to Squirrelmail within the same subnet of the Ubuntu machine (192.168.10.x). I'm able to connect to Squirrelmail even from 192.168.1.x (the Ubuntu machine is into a DMZ). But I can connect neither to Squirrelmail nor Apache homepage from outside... even if I can reach all the other services (SMTP, POP3, IMAP4).

Thanks in advance!

Please make sure that your ISP doesn't block port 80.

Rashef 18th December 2008 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko (Post 159553)
Any errors in your mail log?

After a few days of testing... I get no error, it seems like there's no size limit... :confused:
I checked /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf and I see no error. The quota set in the SQL table is 10485760.
This is the mailbox:

Code:

root@node1:/home/vmail/domain.test/rashef/cur# ls -la
total 27392
drwx------ 2 vmail vmail    4096 2008-12-18 15:49 .
drwx------ 9 vmail vmail    4096 2008-12-18 15:49 ..
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail    1020 2008-12-03 18:17 1228324634.V801I13e03aM33596:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail    2641 2008-12-03 18:18 1228324683.V801I13e03dM723580:2,RS
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3609920 2008-12-04 11:54 1228388085.V801I13e05aM348643:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3608091 2008-12-04 11:57 1228388230.V801I13e03fM851569:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3608091 2008-12-04 12:00 1228388412.V801I13e05eM243803:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3608721 2008-12-04 12:02 1228388552.V801I13e05fM358308:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3609351 2008-12-04 12:07 1228388844.V801I13e060M886163:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 3609977 2008-12-04 12:11 1228389113.V801I13e061M263304:2,S
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 6327459 2008-12-18 15:42 1229611332.V801I13e068M606581:2,S

P.S.: For the other problem, pfSense was not properly configured to allow connection between different subnet.

falko 19th December 2008 18:27

What do you see in the mail log when you send another big mail to that account?

Rashef 19th December 2008 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko (Post 160695)
What do you see in the mail log when you send another big mail to that account?

I sent a new mail with a 6MB pdf attached.
This is the mail.log:

Code:

Dec 19 18:20:40 node1 postfix/smtpd[14655]: connect from my_external_smtp[my_external_ip]
Dec 19 18:20:40 node1 postfix/smtpd[14655]: 7B0BBEBE11E: client=my_external_smtp[my_external_ip]
Dec 19 18:20:40 node1 postfix/cleanup[14659]: 7B0BBEBE11E: message-id=<C571964A.32CD%sender@domain.it>

When I opened Squirrelmail:

Code:

Dec 19 18:22:44 node1 postfix/qmgr[5220]: 7B0BBEBE11E: from=<sender@domain.it>, size=6293607, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 19 18:22:44 node1 postfix/smtpd[14655]: disconnect from my_external_smtp[my_external_ip]
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/smtpd[14674]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/smtpd[14674]: DECA3EBE1A5: client=localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/cleanup[14659]: DECA3EBE1A5: message-id=<C571964A.32CD%sender@domain.it>
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/qmgr[5220]: DECA3EBE1A5: from=<sender@domain.it>, size=6294080, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/smtpd[14674]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 amavis[4578]: (04578-03) Passed CLEAN, [91.80.36.30] [my_external_ip] <sender@domain.it> -> <test@domain.test>, Message-ID: <C571964A.32CD%sender@domain.it>, mail_id: tfUfepO0Tayk, Hits: -, size: 6293607, queued_as: DECA3EBE1A5, 3729 ms
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/smtp[14671]: 7B0BBEBE11E: to=<test@domain.test>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024, delay=127, delays=124/0/0/3.7, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok, id=04578-03, from MTA([127.0.0.1]:10025): 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as DECA3EBE1A5)
Dec 19 18:22:47 node1 postfix/qmgr[5220]: 7B0BBEBE11E: removed
Dec 19 18:22:48 node1 postfix/virtual[14677]: DECA3EBE1A5: to=<test@domain.test>, relay=virtual, delay=1.2, delays=1/0.02/0/0.16, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to maildir)
Dec 19 18:22:48 node1 postfix/qmgr[5220]: DECA3EBE1A5: removed

Thank you so much!

falko 20th December 2008 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rashef (Post 160717)
I sent a new mail with a 6MB pdf attached.
This is the mail.log:

Code:

Dec 19 18:20:40 node1 postfix/smtpd[14655]: connect from my_external_smtp[my_external_ip]
Dec 19 18:20:40 node1 postfix/smtpd[14655]: 7B0BBEBE11E: client=my_external_smtp[my_external_ip]
Dec 19 18:20:40 node1 postfix/cleanup[14659]: 7B0BBEBE11E: message-id=<C571964A.32CD%sender@domain.it>


That's all? Nothing else?

Did you see any errors when you compiled Postfix with the quota patch?

Rashef 20th December 2008 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko (Post 160854)
That's all? Nothing else?
Did you see any errors when you compiled Postfix with the quota patch?

I only saw:
Code:

dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Failed to sign .dsc and .changes file

falko 21st December 2008 15:28

I'd try to rebuild the Postfix package again. Maybe something went wrong the first time.
Make sure that the quota patch applies without errors.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.