Urgent! pop server down, website down, ispconfig working
I have been up all night long and I would appreciate any help.
I upgraded my suse 10.1 to 11 and then I ispconfig to version 2.2.25
Now pop and Imap is not working, and websites are not working. ISPconfig is working.
Here are the error messages:
I also had login problems and once I re-entered the password the logins worked. Also the main www folder is root for user and group. I don't know which users I need to change to make this work and I don't know what the permissions on the directories should be.
The messages above are no errors and can be ignored. They have nothing to do with the pop3 or that apache problems on your server. If you want to solve them, have a look in the getting started guide for ISPConfig.
To your problem: I guess the problem is more related to the SuSE upgrade. Which error messages do you get for pop3 and imap in the maillog?
Thanks for your reply.
I am making progress. I have got all the services started, however, no email is coming in. There is no mail log. /var/log/mail. Its like something is stopping all mail and I think it has to do with permissions.
Some of the websites are working now.
I can hardly think now because I have been going at this for over 24 hours.
Can I hire you to fix this? I need to get it done ASAP. We have got users waiting. Please let me know how we can proceed.
Please Disregard my last post
I have decided to go with a clean start and use ubuntu instead.
Everything is going good so far.
Thanks for your help.
That was a terrible night. It all happened because I was using an old version of SUSE and I tried to update clamav with yast and something about that process messed up my logins. It had nothing to do with ISPconfig. But just in-case anybody else goes through this, here is what I did:
I decided to take another computer install Ubuntu Server on it and install ISPconfig.
I re-setup all my websites and accounts in ISP config and transfered the email and website data to my new server from the old servers hard drive using a usb IDE/SATA adaptor (these things are great to have).
I wish I had done this in the first place, I could have got it done a lot faster than trying to trouble shoot the original server.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:52.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.