HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   some question about "Manage DNS" vs "DNS Manager" (ISP Config) (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2522)

fandi2000x 14th February 2006 03:16

some question about "Manage DNS" vs "DNS Manager" (ISP Config)
 
i have some question about that, there are:

1. what different function between "Manage DNS" who we buy from domain registrar with "DNS Manager" in the ISP Config???
2. is there any relationship between "Manage DNS" with "DNS Manager"?
3. how DNS Manager can handle for new user domain??
4. what procedure in the ISP Config to set a new user domain???

thanks

falko 14th February 2006 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandi2000x
1. what different function between "Manage DNS" who we buy from domain registrar with "DNS Manager" in the ISP Config???

In the first cast your domain registrar runs the nameservers, in the latter case it's you who runs the nameservers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandi2000x
2. is there any relationship between "Manage DNS" with "DNS Manager"?

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandi2000x
3. how DNS Manager can handle for new user domain??
4. what procedure in the ISP Config to set a new user domain???

Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...92&postcount=4


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.