Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL...Ubuntu 8.04
I've followed this tuturial step by step.. and everything has worked fine until I shall test smtp.
I try to telnet to port 25 -> connect's ..but get's disconnected afer 1 sec ..and reason according to logs is this.
To me it looks like saslauthd dont find it's login mechanism.. and acording to some other forums this is solved by adding those libs ..
But what I can se both libplain and liblogin is pressent in /usr/lib/sasl2/
wich is the ones I list (And they offcause should be there since I've installed all packs according to tuto.) in /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
What coud it be that results in the above error log.??
And I'm as sure as I can be that all config-files are exactly as the tuto says.
If I've done something wrong .. what can it be??
Please help me! I'l be gratefull forever!!
Iv'e narowed it down some I think . but still not able to find the solution
I found that I could test saslauthd by running
Connect() : No such file or directory
bit if I add this
I have myselfe no clue why it is like this .. can I ad dthat info somewhere in the configfiles so postfix can comunicate with it or am I on the wrong track here.
As I suspected postfix trying to find the socket to communicate with saslauthd in /var/run .. I cannot understand why since every where I look (even in comment in /etc/default/saslauthd )It says that postfix will use /var/spool/postfix and so on.. but by testing with testsaslauthd I guest that postfix dont look where its supposed to . acording to every forum on internet.. :(
So I searched if there was a way to tell where it shall look and
found that I could add
smtpd_sasl_path = var/run/saslauthd
And that solved the whole thing.
Well I glad to find this .. but .. can annyone tell me why my postfix/sasl aint act like it's supposed to. I realy want to know why this happend .. or else the tuto might has an error (should maybe has that line included)
I have been using Falko's Postfix guides since the 6.06 LTS writing and never had a problem with SASL, outside of a small typo on my part.
What is in your /etc/default/saslauthd?
I hope it's just something simple .. I've typed wrong ..
I'm just not the man to find it :(
Hop you can help me.
here it is
That part looks fine, no errors that I see.
Did you do:
Below is my main.cf file. As you can see I did not have to add anything other than what the guide called for. (The SPAM settings are the only thing extra.)
Oh I restarted alright .. all services an even the mashine.. menny times :)
And . just like you . I've followed the tutorial verry close.. my main.cf is just like yours ..except .. spamsettings in the bottom .. and now even the path to sasl as I described.
Well well .. if you or annyone can understand why I have to use this.. extra param to get it working .. please let me know.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:59.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.