HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where to Install (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226)

latcarf 10th August 2005 04:01

Where to Install
 
I reinstalled FC4 and then proceeded to install ISPConfig but it experienced problems at the end
Code:

Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 634
Could not connect to db
Restarting some services...
./setup2: line 831: [: ==: unary operator expected
./setup2: line 849: /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory
Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

Despite the last line it won't go to the login page. It worked on the previous install but I think I may have installed it from the wrong directory this time.

What directory should ISPConfig be installed from/on?

Will #apt-get remove ispconfig# remove the current intall?

till 10th August 2005 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by latcarf
I reinstalled FC4 and then proceeded to install ISPConfig but it experienced problems at the end
Code:

Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 624

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 634
Could not connect to db
Restarting some services...
./setup2: line 831: [: ==: unary operator expected
./setup2: line 849: /etc/rc.d/init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory
Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

Despite the last line it won't go to the login page. It worked on the previous install but I think I may have installed it from the wrong directory this time.

What directory should ISPConfig be installed from/on? ?

You can install it from any directory, as long as you first enter the install_ispconfig directory and then start the setup like this
Code:

./setup
from inside the directory.

I assume you got this error because you tried to install ISPConfig before and that install was interrupted and you dont have extracted the installer tar.gz again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by latcarf
Will #apt-get remove ispconfig# remove the current intall?

To uninstall ISPConfig, run the following script:

Code:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall
If the uninstall script is not there, you can delete the following directorys manually:

Code:

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
rm -rf /home/admispconfig


falko 10th August 2005 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
I assume you got this error because you tried to install ISPConfig before and that install was interrupted and you dont have extracted the installer tar.gz again.

Yes, don't do a second install from the same install_ispconfig directory. Delete this install_ispconfig directory, and then you _must_ unpack the ISPConfig tar.gz again. Then go to the new install_ispconfig and run

Code:

./setup

latcarf 10th August 2005 11:40

thanks till, falko...

Lance

latcarf 11th August 2005 00:05

My ISPConfig keeps stopping at the mySQL login :( ;
Code:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR: The provided MySQL password is wrong! The installation routine stops here!

Should my mySQL user be "server1" since that is the subdomain name for this computer?

I don't recall setting a user name specific to MySQL when Ioaded it. I did write down the passwords, keys, passes, and challenges so I am sure I have that part correct.

I enetered localhost for MySQL server: and root for MySQL user;. When I log into the console as root it is shows as [root@server1].

Lance

p.s. can I use #mysqladmin -u root password mypassword
to reset the password just in case...

falko 11th August 2005 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by latcarf
My ISPConfig keeps stopping at the mySQL login :( ;
Code:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR: The provided MySQL password is wrong! The installation routine stops here!

Should my mySQL user be "server1" since that is the subdomain name for this computer?

I don't recall setting a user name specific to MySQL when Ioaded it. I did write down the passwords, keys, passes, and challenges so I am sure I have that part correct.

I enetered localhost for MySQL server: and root for MySQL user;. When I log into the console as root it is shows as [root@server1].

User root should be correct, but you need a password for the MySQL user root (which is different from the system user root!).


Quote:

Originally Posted by latcarf
p.s. can I use #mysqladmin -u root password mypassword
to reset the password just in case...

Code:

mysqladmin -u root password mypassword
works only if you haven't set a password before. Otherwise it's
Code:

mysqladmin -u root -pcurrentpassword password mypassword
so you need your password again...

latcarf 11th August 2005 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
User root should be correct, but you need a password for the MySQL user root (which is different from the system user root!).




Code:

mysqladmin -u root password mypassword
works only if you haven't set a password before. Otherwise it's
Code:

mysqladmin -u root -pcurrentpassword password mypassword
so you need your password again...

well I wrote it down and it is familar to me but it does not seem to be working :confused: I did a restart on mysqld and it stopped ok but starting timed out and failed. Is it possible to uninstall MySQL and reinstall?

latcarf 11th August 2005 03:54

p.s. the command line to uninstall would help! Then I should be able to reinstall using the HowTo, correct?

falko 11th August 2005 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by latcarf
p.s. the command line to uninstall would help! Then I should be able to reinstall using the HowTo, correct?

You could try
Code:

yum remove mysql mysql-devel mysql-server
and then
Code:

yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server
but I don't know if this will work for you... :confused:

latcarf 11th August 2005 22:18

well that uninstalled it, at least 4 components as the console stated. I reinstalled but got the same error when I used

# mysqladmin -u root password ********

got this

# Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Difference is (using password; NO) said (using password; YES) when I was installing ISPConfig.

I am now doing a fresh install of FC4. If all else fails I will be very proficient at installing FC4 :D

Just to be sure, when using The Perfect Install of FC4 HowTo and we enter

# mysqladmin -u root password yourrootsqlpassword

the only thing we need to change is "yourrootsqlpassword"?

"localhost" will always work for mySQL server name, and

"root" will always work for mySQL user on a fresh install of FC4 and ISPConfig?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.