HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quota doesn't work (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2211)

chris82 23rd January 2006 18:50

Quota doesn't work

Hi there,

it's about the tutorial: Virtual Users + Domains With Postfix, Courier + MySQL (+SMTP-AUTH, SpamA, ClamAV) - i followed it without installing spam-filters.

Everything works fine, except that quota doesn't work. If i set the quota to 1 and send then an email to this mail account, the mail is normally delivered to the maildir.

same thing if i copy an email from another imap-mailbox to this mailbox: no quota error.... :confused:

can anyone help me?

thank you :o
chris

falko 23rd January 2006 20:05

Please have a look at this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2116

chris82 24th January 2006 12:07

Thank you, i've read this thread but it didn't help me...

postconf | grep size gets:
Code:

berkeley_db_create_buffer_size = 16777216
berkeley_db_read_buffer_size = 131072
body_checks_size_limit = 51200
bounce_size_limit = 2000
header_size_limit = 102400
mailbox_size_limit = 102400000
message_size_limit = 10240000

Am i mixing up real system users and virtual users maybe? How can i tell postfix to use virtual_mailbox_limit_maps?

falko 24th January 2006 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris82
Am i mixing up real system users and virtual users maybe?

Is the recipient domain of your virtual user also listed in mydestination in /etc/postfix/main.cf?

chris82 25th January 2006 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
Is the recipient domain of your virtual user also listed in mydestination in /etc/postfix/main.cf?

No, it is not:

mydomain = server193xxxxxxx.serverpool.info
myhostname = server193xxxxxxx.serverpool.info
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain

falko 25th January 2006 18:26

Quote:

Everything works fine, except that quota doesn't work. If i set the quota to 1 and send then an email to this mail account, the mail is normally delivered to the maildir.

Are you sure you exceeded the quota of 1MB with this email?

Quote:

same thing if i copy an email from another imap-mailbox to this mailbox: no quota error.... :confused:

You mean you copied the email on the command line with the cp command? This doesn't work!

chris82 26th January 2006 13:11

Quote:

Are you sure you exceeded the quota of 1MB with this email?

Hm, is it really 1 MB and not 1 KB or 1 Byte? I have 1 as value for the quota in the user-table for this email-account.

I changed now the database password in the mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf to a wrong password but i'm not getting any errors when i send a mail to this account.

If i e.g change the pwd to a wrong pwd in mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf i get the error:
Code:

warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'provider_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Quote:

You mean you copied the email on the command line with the cp command? This doesn't work!

No, i copied the email with IMAP to another folder. I have courier-imap. But that's not as important as the postfix quota.

falko 26th January 2006 18:02

Quote:

Hm, is it really 1 MB and not 1 KB or 1 Byte? I have 1 as value for the quota in the user-table for this email-account.

It's 1 MB.

Quote:

I changed now the database password in the mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf to a wrong password but i'm not getting any errors when i send a mail to this account.

If i e.g change the pwd to a wrong pwd in mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf i get the error:
Code:

warning: connect to mysql server 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'provider_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean here...

chris82 2nd February 2006 21:14

Quote:

It's 1 MB.

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean here...

Hi,

my mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf looks like:

Code:

user = provider_admin
password = mypasswd
dbname = provider
table = users
select_field = quota
where_field = email
hosts = 127.0.0.1

As password i've tried to enter a wrong value. So when postfix accesses this file and reads the quota, it should get in the mail-log a warning about the wrong database-password.
But i don't get any errors (i do get an error if i change the password e.g. from mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf to a wrong one). So i think, postfix doesn't access this file. But why? Is it possible that it's not the patched version that is running but the old version?
Before i installed postfix + vda i've had an old version, installed via apt-get.

Do u understand me? Thank you very much for your help!

falko 2nd February 2006 21:30

Please post your /etc/postfix/main.cf.