HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mails can't be delivered (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096)

--::wizZzard::-- 16th January 2006 17:57

Mails can't be delivered
 
The Problem is that no mails will be delivered and that no Failure Mail is been delivered! Webserver is working proberly!

Here my configuration:

DNS Provider Config:
DNS IN A:
@.project-bizarre.de 85.31.186.56
*.project-bizarre.de 85.31.186.56
DNS MX:
project-bizarre.de IN MX 10 smtp.project-bizarre.de

Server Config:

cat /etc/hosts (preconfigured from Server Provider)
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.0.8 INSTALLSERVER
85.31.186.56 85-31-186-56
192.168.0.29 debian_webmin.blue.kundencontroller.de debian_webmin
127.0.0.1 localhost

cat /etc/resolv.conf (preconfigured from Server Provider)
domain blue.kundencontroller.de
nameserver 85.31.185.124
nameserver 85.31.184.6
nameserver 85.31.184.7

ISPConfig Configuration for web (project-bizarre.de)

Server: wizZzard.media (is this name somewhere important?)
Host: www
Domain: project-bizarre.de
IP Adresse: 85.31.186.56
Create DNS: not checked
Create DNS-MX: not checked
..
Mailuser Login: checked

under User & EMail:
User: web8_project-bizarre.de
Name: admin-project-bizarre.de
Email: admin

this user is admin an his Email is the catch all Email


So, where is the fault?

till 16th January 2006 18:24

Do you have the problem only for this domain or for all domains on the server?

--::wizZzard::-- 16th January 2006 18:40

:) this is the first Domain i have configured and used. Duke13.de (domain of an friend of mine) has the same probs but i do not know if he has configured his DNS correctly.

falko 16th January 2006 18:45

Code:

~# dig smtp.project-bizarre.de

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> smtp.project-bizarre.de
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 19402
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;smtp.project-bizarre.de.      IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
smtp.project-bizarre.de. 86400  IN      CNAME  smtp.kundencontroller.de.
smtp.kundencontroller.de. 500  IN      CNAME  mail-out1.kundencontroller.de.
mail-out1.kundencontroller.de. 500 IN  A      85.31.185.13


;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      ns1.kundencontroller.de.
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      ns2.kundencontroller.de.
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      ns3.kundencontroller.de.
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      k1.kundencontroller.de.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
k1.kundencontroller.de. 500    IN      A      85.31.185.124

;; Query time: 71 msec
;; SERVER: 81.169.163.104#53(81.169.163.104)
;; WHEN: Mon Jan 16 18:43:14 2006
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 204

smtp.project-bizarre.de points to 85.31.185.13 which lets me think that this is not your own server because project-bizarre.de points to 85.31.186.56. This means that your mails are delivered to 85.31.185.13.

till 16th January 2006 18:46

If you use courier or dovecot, please check the Maildir checkbox in ispconfig under management > server > settings on the mail tab.

--::wizZzard::-- 16th January 2006 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
Code:

~# dig smtp.project-bizarre.de

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> smtp.project-bizarre.de
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 19402
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;smtp.project-bizarre.de.      IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
smtp.project-bizarre.de. 86400  IN      CNAME  smtp.kundencontroller.de.
smtp.kundencontroller.de. 500  IN      CNAME  mail-out1.kundencontroller.de.
mail-out1.kundencontroller.de. 500 IN  A      85.31.185.13


;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      ns1.kundencontroller.de.
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      ns2.kundencontroller.de.
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      ns3.kundencontroller.de.
kundencontroller.de.    245    IN      NS      k1.kundencontroller.de.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
k1.kundencontroller.de. 500    IN      A      85.31.185.124

;; Query time: 71 msec
;; SERVER: 81.169.163.104#53(81.169.163.104)
;; WHEN: Mon Jan 16 18:43:14 2006
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 204

smtp.project-bizarre.de points to 85.31.185.13 which lets me think that this is not your own server because project-bizarre.de points to 85.31.186.56. This means that your mails are delivered to 85.31.185.13.


But why are the mails delivered to 85.31.185.13 ? at no time i have typed such IP in any field!

till 16th January 2006 18:59

I guess kundencontroller.de is not your domain, its the domain of your Server housing ISP and you registered the domain there? Then you must ask you provider to point the MX record to your server instead of the mailservers of your ISP.

--::wizZzard::-- 16th January 2006 19:17

i have written an email to my ISP. I wonder what now comes out :)

--::wizZzard::-- 17th January 2006 19:12

Here is the Message from my Provider:

Quote:

Sehr geehrte(r) Herr Michael Richter,

Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Ich habe dies nochmals überprüft, es scheint als wenn es Probleme mit dem DNS Einträgen gibt. Bitte nutzen Sie daher als Subdomain für den MX Server
anstatt "smtp" "mail"

Die Subdomänen "smtp" und "pop3" sind durch CNAMEs auf unsere Mailserver konfiguiert, ich habe dies an die Programmierer weitergegeben, damit diese Zuordnung bei eigenen MX Einträgen nicht genutzt wird.
I have changed configuration. How long must i wait bevore changes take effect?

And a 2nd thing is what makes me wonder.....

in ISPConfig-->DNS Manager-->project-bizarre.de-->Records

the following config is done:

A Record:
IP-Adresse Host
85.31.186.56 www

CNAME
Host Ziel

MX:
Mailserver Host
85-31-186-56.blue.kundencontroller.de www

SPF
Host


is this correct?

till 17th January 2006 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by --::wizZzard::--
I have changed configuration. How long must i wait bevore changes take effect?

Normally within 24 - 48 hours.

Quote:

And a 2nd thing is what makes me wonder.....

in ISPConfig-->DNS Manager-->project-bizarre.de-->Records

the following config is done:

A Record:
IP-Adresse Host
85.31.186.56 www

CNAME
Host Ziel

MX:
Mailserver Host
85-31-186-56.blue.kundencontroller.de www

SPF
Host


is this correct?
In the MX record, you should empty the host field.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.