Site very slow after server migraion
I have moved one of my ISPconfig servers to a new hardware. The server hosts a couple of sites but only one of them is currently active and used. The problem is that after i moved the server to the new hardware this site has become very very very slow, it's copied 1:1 from the old to the new server, no changes are made on the new after moving.
So here is the situation:
The server is moved according this tread http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717
hardware - Opteron 146, 512 RAM, 2x80 GB PATA HDD's
software - Debian etch 32bit, RAID1, ISPconfig 2.2.11
hardware - Intel Core2 Duo E4500, 3GB RAM, 2x300 GB SATA HDD's
software - Debian etch 64bit, RAID1, ISPconfig 2.2.19
After moving the data and changing the settings, everything worked perfectly except that the site is very slow. On the old server i had done some apache/mysql optimizing, so i copied also my apache2.conf and my.conf 1:1 to the new server and restarted them - this did not helped at all. After that i have tried to optimize my old apache/mysql settings to the new hardware by raising up some values in the configs but that also did not helped at all.
In the logs of mysql and apache there is nothing suspicious, and the server did not get loaded when users are browsing the site.
When i try to access the site while i am watching the output of top i get following:
I am very confused, where should i look for the problem, it is very unpleasant because the site is live on the new server and users complain that its pretty much slower than on the old server.
p/s access to ISPconfig admin interface via web is not slow, its working perfect
The load on the new server is low, so I dont think that tuning of the config is a problem.
Please have a look at the sources of the site that you get in the webbroser. maybe there is some kind of external resource inside that can not be loaded. The problem that you describe occurs for examply when a site tries to load a banner or image or stylesheet from a external URL and this URL is unreachable at the moment.
php fusion and debian etch amd64 problem???
i have spent a couple of hours on the problem, and i think i figured out partly what is the problem.
This site is based on a customized version of php fusion.
First of all i did what you suggested and searched in the code of the site for external links, redirects e.t.c. - there were some external links hardocoded to a 2nd domain which redirects to the current. They were fixed but that didn't helped much at all. I have noticed that when i comment out some included php files (subheader.php and side_left.php included in news.php) the site becomes very fast. Also when i call in the browser directly php files that are not related to subheader.php and side_left.php they load very fast. I have placed some 3rd party php/mysql code in the web root and is works again without any problems... Then i thought that maybe an update of php-fusion will help, but the owners of the site said that it will be very hard for them because its customized, so they decided to move back to the old server until the problem on the new gets fixed.
The new server is a complete mirror of the old one (including the smallest config) except the architecture...
I am thinking about now of installing xdebug on the server and debud php-fusion
Probably an i386 chroot on the server will give me some more information if its a kernel, distro architecture or cpu problem
anyway its an odd story...
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:34.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.