HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New ISPConfig Server (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20292)

rsun 10th February 2008 22:31

New ISPConfig Server

I have installed a new lamp server by following The Perfect Server - Gutsy Gibbon with ISPConfig. I am confused and stuck.

1. In Management Server Settings, The Server name should this be the same name as the hostname of the physical machine? I named it lamp instead of Server 1 as suggested in the guide.

2. In Management Server Settings Web tab, should the Suexec option be checked.

3. I tried to follow the Mini-HowTo RoundCube Webmail on Your ISPConfig. I got stuck at Step 1 Create website. When I clicked New Site, there's no Basis tab in the New site dialogbox, on fact there's no tab. There are 3 dropdown box fields. In Reseller field only admin, in Customer field No client available and in Hostingplan field Individual settings. Do I have to create a reseller and a new customer before I can create a new site?

BinkS 11th February 2008 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsun
I have installed a new lamp server by following The Perfect Server - Gutsy Gibbon with ISPConfig. I am confused and stuck.

1. In Management Server Settings, The Server name should this be the same name as the hostname of the physical machine? I named it lamp instead of Server 1 as suggested in the guide.

2. In Management Server Settings Web tab, should the Suexec option be checked.

3. I tried to follow the Mini-HowTo RoundCube Webmail on Your ISPConfig. I got stuck at Step 1 Create website. When I clicked New Site, there's no Basis tab in the New site dialogbox, on fact there's no tab. There are 3 dropdown box fields. In Reseller field only admin, in Customer field No client available and in Hostingplan field Individual settings. Do I have to create a reseller and a new customer before I can create a new site?

1. You can name it Lamp, Server 1 is an example :)

2. Mine isn't checked.

3. You have to make a New Customer before you create a site. You can add them all under Admin if you like (most of mine are) :) - You can create your own hosting plans or just do Individual (settings are on the next page)

HTH

:)

rsun 11th February 2008 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinkS
3. You have to make a New Customer before you create a site. You can add them all under Admin if you like (most of mine are) :) - You can create your own hosting plans or just do Individual (settings are on the next page)

HTH

:)

So, I have be my customer in my site first. That's confusing :confused:
I thought being an admin would have all the rights. :rolleyes:

Thanks BinKS

falko 11th February 2008 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsun
So, I have be my customer in my site first.

That's right.

rsun 11th February 2008 20:42

I have followed the RoundCube Webmail On Your ISPConfig within 10 easy step and when I access the webmail with webmail.mydomain.tld in goes to the homepage, not the webmail interface. Please help.

till 12th February 2008 09:18

Did you create a new website with:

hostname: webmail
Domain: mydomain.tld

in ISPConfig and installed Roundcube in this webite.

rsun 12th February 2008 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
Did you create a new website with:

hostname: webmail
Domain: mydomain.tld

in ISPConfig and installed Roundcube in this webite.

Yes, I followed the Mini-HowTo "RoundCube webmail on your ISPConfig within 10 step" guide. I can't reach the RoundCube login page by typing webmail.mydomain.tld. When I type in webmail.mydomain.tld it direct me to the homepage and not the login page. :confused:

falko 13th February 2008 18:01

What's the output of
Code:

ls -la /var/www/webmail.myhostingcompany.tld/web1/
(or whatever your document root is)?

rsun 14th February 2008 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
What's the output of
Code:

ls -la /var/www/webmail.myhostingcompany.tld/web1/
(or whatever your document root is)?

There's no such directory. However, there's a /var/www/webmail.myhostingcompany.tld/web directory. May be this is the problem.

(I renamed the /var/www/webmail.mydomain/tld/web/ to /var/www/mydomain.tld/web1/)

Nope, this is not the problem.
In the /web1 or (originally /web) there are these files and directories:
--------------------
/bin
/config
/error
/log
/program
/skin
/SQL
/stats
/temp
CHANGE.LOG
index.html
index.php
INSTALL
LICENSE
README
UPGRADING
-------------

rsun

falko 15th February 2008 18:02

Can you rename index.html to index.html_orig? Does it work then?