HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Uninstall Question (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1992)

toyito 11th January 2006 04:34

Uninstall Question

Just a question...if i reinstall ISPConfig using:

rm -fr /root/ispconfig
rm -fr /home/admispconfig

will i lost my sites and users???

Hector

falko 11th January 2006 10:19

Yes, because the installer then thinks that it's a completely new installation and creates a new (nearly empty) ISPConfig database.

If you want to re-install, you can just run the installer (without removing any directories before), it will then recognize that it's an update and perform the necessary steps.

toyito 11th January 2006 14:08

Thanks again Flako....ill tryit.

Hector:)

wwparrish 7th February 2006 18:39

even removing the db_ispconfig data base from mysql along with the two directories mentioned above leave crap in several places and the next install is not clean by any means.

I am up to web4 as the initial web and there is an anon ftp user in my /etc/passwd file that appears every time reinstall.

as futher example this is at the bottom of the /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file.

AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
Alias /error/ "/var/www/web4/web/error/"
ErrorDocument 400 /error/invalidSyntax.html
ErrorDocument 401 /error/authorizationRequired.html
ErrorDocument 403 /error/forbidden.html
ErrorDocument 404 /error/fileNotFound.html
ErrorDocument 405 /error/methodNotAllowed.html
ErrorDocument 500 /error/internalServerError.html
ErrorDocument 503 /error/overloaded.html
AliasMatch ^/~([^/]+)(/(.*))? /var/www/web4/user/$1/web/$3
AliasMatch ^/users/([^/]+)(/(.*))? /var/www/web4/user/$1/web/$3

falko 7th February 2006 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwparrish
even removing the db_ispconfig data base from mysql along with the two directories mentioned above leave crap in several places and the next install is not clean by any means.

To uninstall a working installation, you should run
Code:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall
instead of removing everything manually!

wwparrish 7th February 2006 23:47

doh !!! When in doubt RTFM

The uninstaller gives you the following options to select from:
Partial Deinstallation: Only the ISPConfig system itself will be uninstalled, but not the
webs, users, DNS records etc. created by it.

Complete Deinstallation: The ISPConfig system and also the objects created by it (webs,
users, DNS records, etc.) will be uninstalled.

fishtenors 6th June 2007 03:45

If I do a partial uninstall of ISPConfig, and keep all my users, DNS entries, websites, etc., can I reinstall ISPConfig to basically get back to homeostasis?

Here is my dilemma. I'm an idiot, and I didn't back up the ispconfig MySQL database before running an update. When the update finished, the database was empty, and I could not log in to the control panel.

What's weird is I can still login to webmail, I can login to FTP shares, and I can still send and receive mail as if nothing were wrong. I just cannot login to the control panel, and the ispconfig DB is empty.

till 6th June 2007 09:05

Quote:

If I do a partial uninstall of ISPConfig, and keep all my users, DNS entries, websites, etc., can I reinstall ISPConfig to basically get back to homeostasis?
No, beacuse ISPConfig will not be able to manage the accounts again when the ISPConfig database is lost.

Quote:

Here is my dilemma. I'm an idiot, and I didn't back up the ispconfig MySQL database before running an update. When the update finished, the database was empty, and I could not log in to the control panel.
ISPConfig makes a backup of the mysql database before the update. Please have a look at your /tmp directory, do you have a .sql file there?

Quote:

What's weird is I can still login to webmail, I can login to FTP shares, and I can still send and receive mail as if nothing were wrong. I just cannot login to the control panel, and the ispconfig DB is empty.
Thats normal. Your services are using config files which were written by ISPConfig and not the ISPConfig database.