HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can't see mysql databases created by phpmyadmin (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19698)

HenryTheEight 22nd January 2008 13:55

Can't see mysql databases created by phpmyadmin

Hi,

I am new to ispconfig and linux (Centos), but have found ispconfig a very easy to use application.

My problem: phpmyadmin seems to be able to list and display the databases
created by ispconfig e.g. web1_db1 etc. and all works well i.e. the databases
are listed on the left column on phpmyadmin. However, databases created
directly by the phpmyadmin control panel e.g. "db_test" does not show up on the please select a database column.

I only can see the database using mysql commands "show databases;". Is this a bug or do I need to do something to make phpmyadmin recognise the newly created database. Without being able to select the "db_test" database, I won't be able to use the web GUI functions to manipulate db_test.

Help appreciated.... with thanks

BTW using phpmyadmin 2.11.4 ispconfig 2.2.19

Hans 22nd January 2008 22:50

No bug

If you want to display the databases you mention, please remove "test" or "information_schema" from the line:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['hide_db'] = '(information_schema|mysql|pmadb|test)';

within the phpMyAdmin configuration file, which is: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php :)

HenryTheEight 23rd January 2008 01:17

Thanks for solving this

Hans,

Thanks for the tip. Of all the database names to choose from, I had
to be lucky enough to choose a default hide-db name like "db_test".

I have since created another database with a more 'unique' database name (i.e. something without the word 'test' or 'mysql' etc.) in it. And ... now all
is well and working. Now the database with a new name is no longer hidden.

Desp 27th April 2012 14:27

Can't find SQL databases

Hi,

I have done an upgrade from ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04 and the problem is that I can see my site up and running while I can't see the database in phpmyadmin. Is there a way to find the old databases or find why I cant see them in phpmyadmin anymore. My website is selman.us

I have also 2 other sites that show a new wordpress installation when I try to open them and they seem can't see the databases created for this sites before.

So actually I have 2.5 website working out of 5 and can't see any of the databases in phpmyadmin.

Please help!

till 27th April 2012 14:38

Please take a look into the directory /var/lib/mysql/ on your server, there should be a subfolder with the name of the database for each db.

Desp 27th April 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by till (Post 278253)
Please take a look into the directory /var/lib/mysql/ on your server, there should be a subfolder with the name of the database for each db.

Awesome till, I can see them there thank you alot. Can I just import them to phpmyadmin again? I tried but getting permission denied.

Desp 27th April 2012 18:35

Your help is much appreciated till, I found the answer.

winsum 7th November 2013 23:36

Hi,
i have the same problem.
when i have updated phpmyadmin, i can't see even a db.
with the remote access i can manage all db, but nothing with phpmyadmin.

i don't know what to do with the files listed in /var/lib/mysql/ to showing them in phpmyadmin.

please help me.

Desp 8th November 2013 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by winsum (Post 305239)
Hi,
i have the same problem.
when i have updated phpmyadmin, i can't see even a db.
with the remote access i can manage all db, but nothing with phpmyadmin.

i don't know what to do with the files listed in /var/lib/mysql/ to showing them in phpmyadmin.

please help me.

Try to restart MySQL

Desp 29th May 2014 12:59

[SOLVED] Mysql databases not showing after mysql update

Since this problem happens every now and then, Please try the following:

Make sure that mysql listning on all interfaces and not only localhost.
Edit my.cf and comment out :
# bind-address = 127.0.0.1
Restart mysql server and try to login to my sql from terminal.