HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Error Installing Zimbra (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15643)

joelee 20th September 2007 00:07

Error Installing Zimbra

Hi, I am trying my first install of Zimbra. I running on a OpenVZ install and the guess is Ubuntu6. This openvz machine has 100G assigned to it. During the install of Zimbra after selecting the Zimbra Servers to install I get this error:
Code:

Checking required space for zimbra-core
checking space for zimbra-store
/opt/zimbra requires at least 5GB of space to install.
0GB is not enough space to install.

Installation cancelled.

I know I have enough disk space. I think the problem is that Zimbra is trying to install on the /opt partition... However, this partition I think is part of my /root partition which is only 1G. So, I think there's not enough disk space there. Is there a way for me to get Zimbra to install via my /var partition which contains much of my disk space? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Below is the output of df -h
Code:

root@mx1:/usr/src/zcs# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
simfs                1.0G  833M  192M  82% /
tmpfs                496M  16K  496M  1% /var/run
tmpfs                496M    0  496M  0% /var/lock
tmpfs                496M    0  496M  0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                496M  16K  496M  1% /var/run
tmpfs                496M    0  496M  0% /var/lock

-Joe

falko 20th September 2007 17:12

All your partitions are too small. If there's free space on your hard drive, you can try GParted to resize the partitions.

joelee 6th October 2007 22:14

Hi Falko, I've resolve the space issue reported before. This was an OpenVZ resource issue. However, I proceed with the install and all seems to go well until I get this error below:
Code:

Setting defaults from saved config in /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save
    HOSTNAME=dsl027-139-174.dc1.dsl.speakeasy.net
    LDAPHOST=
    LDAPPORT=
    SNMPTRAPHOST=
    SMTPSOURCE=
    SMTPDEST=
    SNMPNOTIFY=0
    SMTPNOTIFY=0
    LDAPROOTPW=zimbra
    LDAPZIMBRAPW=zimbra
  Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
  chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore': No such file or directory
  chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key': No such file or directory
  chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt': No such file or directory
  chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.crt': No such file or directory
  chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.pem': No such file or directory
  chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.key': No such file or directory
  Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.18172
  ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
  ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
  Setting defaults...Done
  Setting defaults from existing config...Warning: null valued key 'mysql_logger_root_password'
  Upgrading from  to 4.5.7_GA_1319
  Stopping zimbra services
  Stop failed - exiting
  UPGRADE FAILED - exiting

Per above error, I was suprise to see my hostname showing as:
HOSTNAME=dsl027-139-174.dc1.dsl.speakeasy.net

I am not sure why that is since I've set my hostname properly in /etc/hostname as: mx1.domain.com... Also, I've set my /etc/hosts exactly how the how-to suggest to add this line to /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

Regarding the service failures above, I am not sure why I am
getting them. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions!

Joe

falko 7th October 2007 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelee
Per above error, I was suprise to see my hostname showing as:
[B]HOSTNAME=dsl027-139-174.dc1.dsl.speakeasy.net

I guess that's the PTR record for your server's IP address. You can check with
Code:

dig -x your.ip.add.ress

joelee 7th October 2007 20:51

Falko, yes it is the pointer to my IP address BUT it should not show that info from zimbra. I expect for zimbra to pick up my hostname as mx1.domain.com as I have defined in /etc/hosts. When I run command:
hostname
hostname -f
They both output my host name as mx1.domain.com...

But, as shown in my previuos post zimbra is showing the PTR record?
This is what I hope to fix.

Joe

falko 8th October 2007 17:35

Does mx1.domain.com point to your.ip.add.ress? If it doesn't exist in DNS, create it now.

joelee 11th October 2007 16:44

Hi, I got my dns issues resolved and have been able to install Zimbra. The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to send or receive emails. I sent email from my gmail account to my user account created in zimbra mail server. Also, I am able to login to my zimbra email account via the client browser. When I create an email going to my gmail account no email gets received either.

I've checked the Zimbra Admin mail queue and I do see the emails being deferred. So, I imagine the emails are making it to the server ruling out fw or connectivity issues - I think. Any thoughts?

Joe

falko 12th October 2007 16:19

Please make sure that your server isn't blacklisted: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

and that the MX record for your email domain is pointing to your server.