HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature Requests (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   mail adress as user name. (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153)

jernis 30th July 2005 10:11

mail adress as user name.
 
i realy would like to use a mail adress as a login name but the client only allows chars a-9 at the moment.

is this possible to fix?

till 30th July 2005 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jernis
i realy would like to use a mail adress as a login name but the client only allows chars a-9 at the moment.

is this possible to fix?

Do you mean the client login to the controlpanel?

falko 30th July 2005 12:44

For the webmail package you have to use the email address as username. So I guess you mean the login to ISPConfig itself? Or the login to the mailuser interface (http[s]://www.example.com:81/mailuser)?

jernis 30th July 2005 19:41

No its more the ftp account / user administration.

my domain : testdomain.com usr : web453_userid

why not : testdomain.com usr : mail@testdomain.com or simply usr : testdomain.com

psw whatever.

since the number is not a simple task to remeber but the domain name is.

P.S. the more i play with the software the better it is =) i like it alot.

till 30th July 2005 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jernis
No its more the ftp account / user administration.

my domain : testdomain.com usr : web453_userid

why not : testdomain.com usr : mail@testdomain.com or simply usr : testdomain.com

psw whatever.

since the number is not a simple task to remeber but the domain name is.

P.S. the more i play with the software the better it is =) i like it alot.

The problem with the usernames is, that this are linux system users,
so you can only use chars that are allowed in linux usernames.

You can change the web[WEBID]_ syntax to use the domainname
in the controlpanel. See Administration > System config > Settings
on the tab "ISP manager". There must ba a description of the
allowed variables anywhere in the administrator manual :confused:

jernis 1st August 2005 21:13

i Cant find anything regarding the variables available in the manuals.

id like to find something like [DOMAINNAME].
can you point me in the right direction?

/ Daniel.

till 1st August 2005 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jernis
i Cant find anything regarding the variables available in the manuals.

id like to find something like [DOMAINNAME].
can you point me in the right direction?

/ Daniel.

Sorry, i thought it was in the manual.

The variables are:

[DOMAIN]
[HOST]
[WEBID]


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.