HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   CacheALL email problem no.2 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14418)

Snowman 1st August 2007 13:59

CacheALL email problem no.2

hi there,

Problem :

1/ I have domain like "domain.com"
2/ I set basket@domain.com as a CatchALL email for domain "domain.com", no other mail accounts exists at all
3/ when i log to my gmail account and i send email to : x@domain.com and CC(copy) to y@domain.com
4/ I receive mail twice (in basket@domain.com)

first email :
from z@gmail.com to x@domain.com and CC to y@domain.com
second email :
from z@gmail.com to x@domain.com and CC to y@domain.com

5/ One of my clients have own exchange server and it will download or catche these emails (by some "Email POP Connector") from basket@domain.com to its own internal mail server , and then resend this EMAILs to local accounts.
6/ Problem is that when it downloads 2 emails (with two addresses in each email - TO and CC) so every account :
x@domain.com will receive 2 same mails
and
y@domain.com will receive 2 same mails also !

My client told me that provider that they used before have email basket like catcheALL email in ISPConfig and it was kind different.Like this :

email basket before received only one email from z@gmail.com with address to x@domain.com and CC to y@domain.com and then theirs own exchange server resended only ONE emai to each account

Problem 2 :

1/ My problem is to solve that i get mail twice because when i resend that basket@domain.com mails to local exchange mail server in some company, mail server in that company will recognize 2 mails and every user (user "x" and also user "y")
will get that mail twice .

Questions :

1/ Why i get that mail twice ?
2/ Is it a kind of bug in ISPConfig ?
3/ Some real solution how to solve ?

btw sorry for my english

thanks for any help
snowman

till 2nd August 2007 09:26

1) You get the mail twice because the mail was sent to 2 different email addresses.
2) No, the way ISPConfig acts is correct.
3) No, because the way ISPConfig works is correct. ISPConfig can not know if a email is identical when it is sent to two different addresses.

Snowman 2nd August 2007 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
ISPConfig can not know if a email is identical when it is sent to two different addresses.

This is log from mail server when i send mail with CC from my ISPconfig server to that "domain.com" , as i see it will send 2 emails to 2 different addy's , i understand , but is this : "E584C17FCA" message ID ?

Aug 2 09:38:16 vulpix postfix/local[22002]: E584C17FCA: to=<basket@host.com>, orig_to=<y@domain.com>, relay=local, delay=1.6, delays=0.15/0.01/0/1.4, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)

Aug 2 09:38:16 vulpix postfix/local[22001]: E584C17FCA: to=<basket@host.com>, orig_to=<x@domain.com>, relay=local, delay=1.6, delays=0.15/0/0/1.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)

(basket@host.com) is CatcheALL mailbox
Aug 2 09:38:16 vulpix postfix/qmgr[19351]: E584C17FCA: removed

if E584C17FCA is message ID i think mailserver can recognize that this mail is same...