HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Quick Question(s) Apache 2 (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144)

linutzy 28th July 2005 14:23

Quick Question(s) Apache 2
 
How do you get rid of the default page http://www.example.com/apache2-default/. I just need to get rid of apache2-default and not break my debian apache box.

Also followed these steps:

apt-get install webalizer


<- /var/www/webalizer
<- Usage Statistics for
<- /var/log/apache/access.log.1

However when I access http://www.example.com/webalizer I get the standard browser output:

Index of /webalizer

Name Last modified Size Description



....and no files are listed. Just wondering if someone can tell me what I might have to look at to get it running properly....By the way great tutorials Falko.

falko 29th July 2005 12:40

Quote:

How do you get rid of the default page http://www.example.com/apache2-default/. I just need to get rid of apache2-default and not break my debian apache box.
You must edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/default and comment out the following line:
Code:

RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
Then restart Apache:
Code:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Quote:

However when I access http://www.example.com/webalizer I get the standard browser output:
You must run webalizer manually or with a cron job so that it creates statistics in the webalizer directory. Something like

Code:

webalizer -n www.example.com -s www.example.com -r www.example.com -q -T -o /var/www/webalizer -c /path/to/webalizer.conf /var/log/apache2/access.log
might work. See man webalizer for more details.

linutzy 2nd August 2005 21:31

Great!
 
I've been at the falkotimme site so many times when doing an install of debian it's sick.

If I choose to comment the redirect how will it effect any users I create on the debian box. I just want to create a mock web server for learning purposes.

falko 2nd August 2005 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by linutzy
I've been at the falkotimme site so many times when doing an install of debian it's sick.

If I choose to comment the redirect how will it effect any users I create on the debian box. I just want to create a mock web server for learning purposes.

It won't have any effect on your users. It just tells the Apache not to go to the apache2-default directory by default.

linutzy 3rd August 2005 12:38

From the site.
 
On the falkotimme.com debian 3.1 setup link (followed it word for word) you have this.

Edit /etc/mime.types and comment out the following lines:

#application/x-httpd-php phtml pht php
#application/x-httpd-php-source phps
#application/x-httpd-php3 php3
#application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed php3p
#application/x-httpd-php4 php4

Edit /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php4.conf and comment out the following lines:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
# AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
# AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
</IfModule>


Did you want us to add the "#" because originally they were not there?
Regardless in /var/www I created a 'phpinfo.php' file.
When I load the page all I have is this show up and not the php blue and grey variable listing page.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Did I miss a step and why did you add the comments?

falko 3rd August 2005 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by linutzy
On the falkotimme.com debian 3.1 setup link (followed it word for word) you have this.

Edit /etc/mime.types and comment out the following lines:

#application/x-httpd-php phtml pht php
#application/x-httpd-php-source phps
#application/x-httpd-php3 php3
#application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed php3p
#application/x-httpd-php4 php4

Edit /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php4.conf and comment out the following lines:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
# AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
# AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
</IfModule>


Did you want us to add the "#" because originally they were not there?
Regardless in /var/www I created a 'phpinfo.php' file.
When I load the page all I have is this show up and not the php blue and grey variable listing page.

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Did I miss a step and why did you add the comments?


Yes, I want you to add the #. This will disable PHP, because this guide is a preparation for the installation of ISPConfig, and in ISPConfig you can enable PHP on a per site basis. If I didn't add the #, then PHP would always be on, no matter you you enable or disable in ISPConfig. If you don't install ISPConfig, then don't add the #.

linutzy 3rd August 2005 15:11

ISPconfig
 
Are there any other changes in the debian 3.1 tutorial that you wrote specific to ISPconfig. An example would be the postfix/mysql setup also included?
Does ISPconfig cost money? I went to the site and all I see is a download link at sourceforge.

till 3rd August 2005 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by linutzy
Are there any other changes in the debian 3.1 tutorial that you wrote specific to ISPconfig. An example would be the postfix/mysql setup also included?
Does ISPconfig cost money? I went to the site and all I see is a download link at sourceforge.

ISPConfig is open source and there is not only a download link at the iSPConfig site:

http://www.ispconfig.org/

linutzy 9th August 2005 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
ISPConfig is open source and there is not only a download link at the iSPConfig site:

http://www.ispconfig.org/


Cool I am looking through the docs now for ISPConfig. I'm just wondering if the setup done on falkotimme.com for (debian) Mysql and Postfix is a generic setup or if the setup much like the apache setup is related to ISPconfig.

falko 9th August 2005 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by linutzy
Cool I am looking through the docs now for ISPConfig. I'm just wondering if the setup done on falkotimme.com for (debian) Mysql and Postfix is a generic setup or if the setup much like the apache setup is related to ISPconfig.

Which setup (URL?) do you mean?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.