HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Auto Start ISPConfig (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13737)

royrobinson 29th June 2007 13:56

Auto Start ISPConfig

Hi Guys

I am new to the forums so please be gentle. I had installed ISPConfig 2.2.11, I upgraded to 2.2.14 all seems ok, apart from the fact that whenever I reboot the server now, ISPConfig does not automatically start and I have to login into a shell and kickstart it with:

etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start

Then after that its fine I can log into:

https://www.xyz.tld:81

Any help would be appreciated, as I have searched the forum yet come up with nothing. Maybe I am searching the wrong keywords.

Thanks for the UK.

Roy.
:confused:

Ben 29th June 2007 16:08

is there a link in the /etc/rc3.d/ linking to /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server,
e.g.
S99ispconfig_server
if not create one, except your default runlevel is not 3, then you have to take a look in the according dir /etc/rc[yourrunlevelnr].d/
The link can be created like this:

[quote]
ln -s /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server /etc/rc3.d/S99ispconfig_server
[/qoute]

royrobinson 29th June 2007 17:13

Hi Ben

Thanks for your suggestion. My server is running at runlevel 2, therefore I check /etc/dir/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server as shown below:

root@server0001:/etc/rc2.d# cat S99ispconfig_server
#!/bin/bash
################################################## #############################
# Copyright (c) 2005, projektfarm Gmbh, Till Brehm, Falko Timme
# All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
# are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
#
# * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
# this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
# * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
# this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
# and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
# * Neither the name of ISPConfig nor the names of its contributors
# may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
# specific prior written permission.
#
# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
# ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
# WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
# IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
# INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING,
# BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
# DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY
# OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
# NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE,
# EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
################################################## #############################

###################################
#
# ISPConfig Server-Startscript
#
###################################

TMPDIR=/tmp
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

case "$1" in
start)
echo "Starting ISPConfig system..."
/etc/init.d/mysqld start &> /dev/null
/etc/init.d/mysql start &> /dev/null
sleep 3
/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl
/root/ispconfig/sv/ispconfig_wconf &> /dev/null &
/root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/firewall.php
if ps ax | grep -iw '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/freshclam' | grep -iv 'grep' &> /dev/null ;then
echo "FreshClam is already running!"
else
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/freshclam -d -c 10 --datadir=/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/share/clamav
fi
echo "ISPConfig system is now up and running!"
;;
stop)
echo "Shutting down ISPConfig system..."
array=(`ps ax | grep -iw '/root/ispconfig/sv/ispconfig_wconf' | grep -iv 'grep' | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f1 -d/ | tr '\n' ' '`)
element_count=${#array[@]}
index=0
while [ "$index" -lt "$element_count" ]
do
kill -9 ${array[$index]}
let "index = $index + 1"
done
/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl stop
array=(`ps ax | grep -iw '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/freshclam' | grep -iv 'grep' | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f1 -d/ | tr '\n' ' '`)
element_count=${#array[@]}
index=0
while [ "$index" -lt "$element_count" ]
do
kill -9 ${array[$index]}
let "index = $index + 1"
done
echo "ISPConfig system stopped!"
;;
restart)
$0 stop && sleep 3
$0 start
# Remember status and be quiet
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
exit 1
esac
exit 0root@server0001:/etc/rc2.d#

I did not know the exact syntax to check whether there was a link, so I ran the following line:

ln -s /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server /etc/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server

And got the following. Please advise as I am somewhat puzzled, thanks.

root@server0001:/etc/rc2.d# ln -s /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server /etc/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server
ln: creating symbolic link `/etc/rc2.d/S99ispconfig_server' to `/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server': File exists

My OS is Ubuntu 6.10 for reference.

All help appreciated.

Roy.

falko 30th June 2007 17:07

Can you try
Code:

update-rc.d ispconfig_server defaults
?

iceget 6th April 2011 02:36

Re

Hello Falko,

i have installed ispconfig 2.2.38 and all works fine!

but only the autostart of the ispconfig system doesnt works!

on every reboot i must start ispconfig manually with /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start

i have tried to add to the autostart (runlevel):
root@server:/etc/init.d# update-rc.d ispconfig_server defaults
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
insserv: warning: script 'S99ispconfig_server' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'ispconfig_server' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (2 3 5) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (empty) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (0 1 6).
insserv: warning: script 'bastille-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: There is a loop at service rmnologin if started
insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and mountnfs if started
insserv: loop involving service mountnfs at depth 6
insserv: loop involving service nfs-common at depth 5
insserv: There is a loop between service rmnologin and checkroot if started
insserv: loop involving service checkroot at depth 3
insserv: loop involving service keyboard-setup at depth 2
insserv: loop involving service quota at depth 8
insserv: loop involving service hwclock at depth 5
insserv: loop involving service hwclockfirst at depth 3
insserv: loop involving service hostname at depth 4
insserv: Starting ispconfig_server depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Starting ispconfig_server depends on rmnologin and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!

can you help me?

thanks!

kind regards
--
markus

iceget 6th April 2011 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceget (Post 254700)
Hello Falko,

i have installed ispconfig 2.2.38 and all works fine!

but only the autostart of the ispconfig system doesnt works!

on every reboot i must start ispconfig manually with /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server start

i have tried to add to the autostart (runlevel):
root@server:/etc/init.d# update-rc.d ispconfig_server defaults
update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
insserv: warning: script 'S99ispconfig_server' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'ispconfig_server' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (2 3 5) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (empty) of script `ispconfig_server' overwrites defaults (0 1 6).

can you help me?

thanks!

kind regards
--
markus

hello!

i want to install fail2ban or midnight commander, the same failuers :
facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: loop involving service mountnfs-bootclean at depth 3
insserv: loop involving service mountall-bootclean at depth 1
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von fail2ban (--configure):
Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 1

are ....

what shall i do?

thanks

falko 6th April 2011 15:10

Try
Code:

insserv ispconfig_server

iceget 6th April 2011 19:15

re

hello!

thank you!

but its the same problem:
insserv: warning: script 'firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides

its a fresh install with debians queeze and ispconfig 2.2.38

many greets

falko 7th April 2011 16:37

I've added this to our bugtracker, so we will check that.

iceget 8th April 2011 10:19

Re

hello falko,

thanks!

can you tell me when you have a possible solution?

thank you!

kind regards
--
markus