Access authenticating FTP sites using FTP Clients on XP clients via SQUID
- I have xp clients and Linux Server(having two LAN Cards Eth0-connected to my LAN and
Eth1-connected to my WAN) with squid(configured at port 8080). Everything is working fine
and internet is perfect on client machines. Even anonymous ftp sites are opening in
internet explorer.But problem is to access my official ftp site with username and password.
- I have some ftp client software i.e., old ws_ftp 95 or FileZilla to upload my data on my
ftp website. These clients (using passive mode) work fine when i had Windows Server 2003
with ISA server 2004. But our policy changed and now we use LINUX ES 4 with Squid 2.6
stable for internet sharing.
- Now when i use command based ftp on Linux server(Using #ftp ftp.mysite.com, It asks
#UserName? and #Password?) it connects and uploads data. But when i try to connect from
client XP machines either through command prompt or ftp client softwares, it doesn't
- Somebody told me to use iptables to open ports for forwarding your requests so i used
following commands on Linux Server but failed.
#iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.7.0/24 -p tcp --dport 20 -j ACCEPT
#iptables -A INPUT -s 192.168.7.0/24 -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
#iptables -A OUTPUT -d WAN-IP -p tcp --sport 20 -j ACCEPT
#iptables -A OUTPUT -d WAN-IP -p tcp --sport 21 -j ACCEPT
#iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.7.0/24 -d WAN-IP -p tcp --dport 20 -j ACCEPT
#iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.7.0/24 -d WAN-IP -p tcp --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
#service iptables save
- Somebody sujjested to use frox, again i tried but failed.
- Somebody help me in easy steps please.
Have you tried both active and passive transfers in your FTP client(s)?
Many times but failed.
Yes many times i tried but all in vain.
My problem authenticating Ftp access through clients is still pending!!!!
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:12.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.