segmentation fault after updating DNS settings
I saw a couple of posts about segmentation faults so maybe this can help :
After updating the default secondary DNS settings in Management > Server > Settings > DNS I noticed that my zone files were not being updated anymore. The server had been running fine for almost a year so this was new for me ...
A couple of posts mentioned running "writeconf.php" manually so when I tried this ("/root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php") I got a segmentation fault.
After a lot more debugging I found that the reason for the segfault was an empty value for "server_bind_zonefile_dir" in the "isp_server table" !! Updating this field in the web did not change anything : the column stayed empty and the field in the web was set to "/etc/bind".
However after updating the database manually with the correct "server_bind_zonefile_dir" value my problem was finally fixed and the segmentation fault disappeared.
I'm running CentOS 4.4 and ISPConfig 2.2.9
hope this helps ...
Please make sure that the directory where the bind files are stored is world readable, then you should be able to change it from the interface.
You're right, the bind folder was not world readable, after changing this the field could be updated in the interface.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:31.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.