HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Receiving Email and Username Problem (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264)

dstme 15th November 2005 18:09

Receiving Email and Username Problem

Hi,
I tried to create an email account with the name dstme@mydomain.com. On ISPConfig - User &Email, the username is prefix as web1_ . Is there anywhere I can fix this not to have a prefix? I just need username as dstme instead web1_dstme. Please help, thanks again.:)

I have another problem, I tried to test sending email from one account to dstme@mydomain.com but failure notice return. But there is no problem sending out from dstme@mydomain.com using ISPConfig. Any thing that I set wrongly on ISPConfig?

mphayesuk 15th November 2005 18:16

1st Question if you go to the management tab on the main menu and then to settings, there is an option on one of the tabe for what the prefix is. You can delete it out of there and then you wone have it in front of any new e-mail accounts you create.

mphayesuk 15th November 2005 18:17

2nd: try send it to web[id[_name@domain.com and see if that works.

dstme 15th November 2005 18:30

Thank mphayesuk! Got it.

For everyone it is: Management>SystemConfig>Settings>ISP Manager

But another problem. I delete the email account so I can recreate without prefix. It does not allow me to recreate, error message " The username is already in use." Any help please.

mphayesuk 15th November 2005 18:40

Try emptying the "trash can" and then wait for a couple of minutes... it should then allow you to re-create with same name.

dstme 15th November 2005 18:58

I did empty Trash many times and also delete the whole site account and recreate. The error still pop up when I add new email with same username. Any other way?

Also, I look at the database, it start with "web2_". I deleted as above but database still with the prefix. Can it with the prefix with account username?

till 15th November 2005 19:09

Is the trash empty after you emptied it? have you emptied the trash of the correct reseller? Every Reseller and the admin have their own trash.

Have you emtied the web prefix field under: Management > SystemConfig > Settings on the tab ISP Manager? If so, you can enter every username without a prefix, but its not recommended because the username may collide with usernames from other sites.

dstme 15th November 2005 19:28

Hi Till,

I created the client and site accounts which is shown under Site and not reseller or Client. Trash was also emptied.

Anyway, I have deleted the whole account again and and tried again. And I make sure emptied the web prefix field under: Management > SystemConfig > Settings on the tab ISP Manager. Now, I have create a client shown under Client and website under Site. Same error message "The username is already in use".

Also, I try to create the db, and this time database is web3_db1 and Database User: web3_u1.:confused:

falko 15th November 2005 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstme
Also, I try to create the db, and this time database is web3_db1 and Database User: web3_u1.:confused:

That's because MySQL counts up the index, no matter if web2 has been deleted or not. No problem here.:)

dstme 15th November 2005 20:06

Hi Falko,
For DB, can I reset it and not use web1_. Can I use username instead?

For the email, I still unable to create with the same username. Anyway to delete it permanently and recreate again?

Also, when I emptied the prefix, I can't seem to login to FTP.