HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bulk Install of Domains (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10684)

slkgroups 18th February 2007 14:04

Bulk Install of Domains
 
is there a way to install appx 300 domains at one time? i see that info is put into several db files, and i am hoping that i can create a file to input to the system.
thanks-
keith

till 18th February 2007 19:06

The esiest way might be to use the remoting framework:

http://www.ispconfig.org/remoting_plugin.htm

slkgroups 18th February 2007 19:17

thanks till-
i just did a quick read, and that looks like the way to go.

there is a reference to the 42go product, can i assume that ispconfig is a subset of your commericial endever?

keith t
slk groups

slkgroups 18th February 2007 19:35

bulk install of domain names
 
till et al-
after further research- i see that i need the dev tree of ispconfig. which aslo marked as not stable. can i assume from the length of time since its relase- that i can safely use it- this is my testbed for production. at this point i do not know enuff about ispconfig to be able to backup the system in the event i need to start over.

i am already at the point where i might have to re-install. i am having a problem with the ISP mananger left window- it is not loading. i have installed appx 120-150 domains by hand.
basic install- set up a reseller- and a user. all domains under one user.

i realise this is straying off the original topic, but i am still trying to get a grip on how the system flows.

thank you again for your time and patience.
keith t
slk groups

till 19th February 2007 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by slkgroups
there is a reference to the 42go product, can i assume that ispconfig is a subset of your commericial endever?

No, ISPConfig is not a subset of ISPConfig. 42goISP is the ancestor of ISPConfig, so 42goISP is a subset of ISPConfig. We maintain 42goISP just for legacy reasons for our clients.

till 19th February 2007 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by slkgroups
till et al-
after further research- i see that i need the dev tree of ispconfig. which aslo marked as not stable. can i assume from the length of time since its relase- that i can safely use it- this is my testbed for production. at this point i do not know enuff about ispconfig to be able to backup the system in the event i need to start over.

i am already at the point where i might have to re-install. i am having a problem with the ISP mananger left window- it is not loading. i have installed appx 120-150 domains by hand.
basic install- set up a reseller- and a user. all domains under one user.

i realise this is straying off the original topic, but i am still trying to get a grip on how the system flows.

thank you again for your time and patience.
keith t
slk groups

You may use the remoting framework with the latest 2.2.9 version as well, when you enable XML in the ISPConfig PHP. This can be done by downloading the ISPConfig installer, remove the disble xml satements in the configure string in the file compile_aps/compile and then rerunning the setup script.

You will have to install the latest ioncube loader too if you use ISPConfig 2.2.9 as described here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10566

slkgroups 19th February 2007 11:50

till=
again- thank you fo your time....
42go is a subset of ispconfig???? ok- i would like to tllk privately about that...
regardiing support/

if i am following you( not enuff caffine yet)--
i need to ;look at ispconfig_asp/compile
wow- i need to read a LOT more....:o

thank you-
g_d, servers, and linux willing- this will be a good thing---
keith t:p (very confused smily hre)
slk groups

edge 19th February 2007 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by slkgroups
till=
again- thank you fo your time....
42go is a subset of ispconfig???? ok- i would like to tllk privately about that...
regardiing support/

if i am following you( not enuff caffine yet)--
i need to ;look at ispconfig_asp/compile
wow- i need to read a LOT more....:o

thank you-
g_d, servers, and linux willing- this will be a good thing---
keith t:p (very confused smily hre)
slk groups

I think you need a bit more caffeine!

till 19th February 2007 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by slkgroups
again- thank you fo your time....
42go is a subset of ispconfig???? ok- i would like to tllk privately about that...
regardiing support/

Please send me a email to info [at] projektfarm [dot] de


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.