PDA

View Full Version : OpenSSL compile error "register" when building ISPconfig on X86_64 (solution)

SoleSystems
17th December 2006, 23:57
On some x86-64 systems the openssl code shipped in install_ispconfig/compile_aps doesn't compile.

ISPConfig Installation fails saying something about shipped PHP not working, the first ERROR in the log being some register thing on openssl.

To fix this, edit install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile and look for a line like

./config --prefix=${INSTALL_ROOT/openssl || error

and change it to

./Configure linux-generic64 --prefix=${INSTALL_ROOT/openssl || error

I am not familiar with your ticketing system and to be honest I am busy and don't want to spend time on learning it. Anybody who reports this fix/workaround to the developers is welcome to take all the credit.

till
18th December 2006, 01:55
Thanks for the report. The forum is the right place to report errors in ISPConfig. I added it to the developers Bugtracker.

falko
14th May 2007, 23:54
On some x86-64 systems the openssl code shipped in install_ispconfig/compile_aps doesn't compile.

ISPConfig Installation fails saying something about shipped PHP not working, the first ERROR in the log being some register thing on openssl.

To fix this, edit install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile and look for a line like

./config --prefix=${INSTALL_ROOT/openssl || error

and change it to

./Configure linux-generic64 --prefix=${INSTALL_ROOT/openssl || error

I am not familiar with your ticketing system and to be honest I am busy and don't want to spend time on learning it. Anybody who reports this fix/workaround to the developers is welcome to take all the credit.
On which distribution did you have that problem?
I've just tested on Debian Etch AMD64 and had no problems installing ISPConfig.