PDA

View Full Version : mysql error - db not accessible.. from outside

pontifex
28th September 2005, 10:06
Hi everyone,
i turned on the option mysql db accessible from outside, but it is not reachable. current system ist debian sarge with mysql 4.1 what am i doing wrong?

Ciao
Pontifex

falko
28th September 2005, 11:12
Hi everyone,
i turned on the option mysql db accessible from outside, but it is not reachable. current system ist debian sarge with mysql 4.1 what am i doing wrong?

Ciao
Pontifex
Make sure the firewall on your ISPConfig box allows connections to port 3306 (MySQL).

pontifex
28th September 2005, 11:29
Make sure the firewall on your ISPConfig box allows connections to port 3306 (MySQL).

hi, as far as it is concerend i did add the port 3306 to the firewall interface of ispconfig but it did not work.

nmap shows, that mysql listens on port 3306. when i looked at the howtos for sarge. everytime mysql 4.0 was mentioned. the cnf fo 4.1 differs a little bit. so where to add the #skip-networking info there? by default there is no such line in the cnf file...

show
PM

falko
28th September 2005, 11:40
hi, as far as it is concerend i did add the port 3306 to the firewall interface of ispconfig but it did not work.

nmap shows, that mysql listens on port 3306. when i looked at the howtos for sarge. everytime mysql 4.0 was mentioned. the cnf fo 4.1 differs a little bit. so where to add the #skip-networking info there? by default there is no such line in the cnf file...

show
PM
Can you post the output of netstat -tap here?
If you have the following line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
comment it out and restart MySQL.

pontifex
28th September 2005, 11:57
Can you post the output of netstat -tap here?
If you have the following line in /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
comment it out and restart MySQL.

Hi,
the error was caused by the bind to address 127.0.0.1. After commenting it out, it works fine now...

cheers!

PM