PDA

View Full Version : how to use nicier user names for mail and ftp?

SkIRmiS
19th September 2005, 16:11
Hello,
I don't want to use usernames like web33_username. I want to use just username. Is any chances easily to do this?;)

Thanks in advice.

till
19th September 2005, 16:14
Hello,
I don't want to use usernames like web33_username. I want to use just username. Is any chances easily to do this?;)

Thanks in advice.

Shure, just empty the prefix field in the ISPConfig controlpanel under Management > System Config > Settings on the tab "ISP manager".

SkIRmiS
19th September 2005, 16:39
Shure, just empty the prefix field in the ISPConfig controlpanel under Management > System Config > Settings on the tab "ISP manager".

Thanks a lot:)

browngb
1st November 2006, 00:03
By doing this, will i run into conflicts when I have the same username on two different domains? (ie bishop@brojoh.com and bishop@preventenance.com)

till
1st November 2006, 13:24
By doing this, will i run into conflicts when I have the same username on two different domains? (ie bishop@brojoh.com and bishop@preventenance.com)

Yes. Thats why ISPConfig uses a prefix by default. Usernames must be unique for the whole server.

siryn
9th February 2008, 12:07
Is it possible to use email addresses as the login for clients? In the same way that the email address works for logging in to squirrelmail?

falko
10th February 2008, 18:31
No, because ISPConfig uses system users, not virtual users.

siomal
13th February 2008, 01:41
But you could use usernames like bishop_brojoh.com or something like that :P

I run it so on my server. But I only have 12 domains :P and about 60 users.
The prefix system is ok when you have a reseller or a client with more then one domain.