PDA

View Full Version : Reroute spam to different mailbox?

farao
15th September 2005, 13:40
Hi all,

I've setup ISPConfig on a testmachine, and really like the functionality (it's a bit awkward that I have to have unique users across different domains though, instead of real virtual users, but ok, I guess I'll have to learn to live with that).
However, I would like to redirect my received spam to a subfolder in the users mailbox, so the main inbox stays clear of spam, but it's easy to access the spam for false positives. Is there a way to do this?

I found the link below, outlining how to redirect mail based on the spam-header, but instead of redirecting or simply rejecting, I want it to land in a different mailbox

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80

Thanks, Farao

till
15th September 2005, 14:15
I've setup ISPConfig on a testmachine, and really like the functionality (it's a bit awkward that I have to have unique users across different domains though, instead of real virtual users, but ok, I guess I'll have to learn to live with that).

At least in the current version. It is planned to change that in later versions.

However, I would like to redirect my received spam to a subfolder in the users mailbox, so the main inbox stays clear of spam, but it's easy to access the spam for false positives. Is there a way to do this?

I found the link below, outlining how to redirect mail based on the spam-header, but instead of redirecting or simply rejecting, I want it to land in a different mailbox

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80

You can change the procmail recipe that handles the spamassassin integration.

The best way is to cahnge the master template that ISPConfig uses to generate the procmail recipes.

/root/ispconfig/isp/conf/spamassassin.rc.master

If you replace the lines:

{SPAM_COMMENT}:0:
{SPAM_COMMENT}* ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
{SPAM_COMMENT}/dev/null

with:

:0:
* ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
$MAILDIR/.spam

all mail is redirected into the spam folder of this user which is accessible with IMAP.

farao
15th September 2005, 14:17
Thanks! I'll give it a go asap!

sideline: when is that future version with true virtual users planned?

By the way, i *LOVE* the snappy responses in this forum!

Thanks again, Farao

till
15th September 2005, 14:24
sideline: when is that future version with true virtual users planned?

I think it is something for a 3.0 release. A large amount of code has to rewritten for this so it will take some time. If more developers will join this project it will be earlier :D

farao
28th September 2005, 14:49
Is this the only setting I need to modify? I don't see a .spam-folder created in the Maildir for the specified user.

I now have the following settings:
mailscan YES
spamcheck YES
anti-virus YES
Rewrite header YES

and I've changed the procmail like you said (easy enough...).
Do I need to create the .spam-folder manually? Or am I suddenly off the spamlists (if only...)

Thanks, Farao

till
28th September 2005, 14:52
You need to create the .spam folder manually.