PDA

View Full Version : retreve username and password

erik
1st September 2005, 22:00
Is there a way to get the usernames and corresponding passwords of exisiting clients and resellers? (including none ispconfig login (e-mail/ftp/mysql))

Thanks

till
2nd September 2005, 08:46
Is there a way to get the usernames and corresponding passwords of exisiting clients and resellers? (including none ispconfig login (e-mail/ftp/mysql))

Thanks

If you mean clear text passwords, no. All passwords are saved as either md5 or crypt passwords.

erik
2nd September 2005, 09:37
If you mean clear text passwords, no. All passwords are saved as either md5 or crypt passwords.

Isn't there a way to convert the encrypted passwords to readable passwords? For example by writing a custom php page? If so could you give some directions, please?

Erik

till
2nd September 2005, 09:47
Isn't there a way to convert the encrypted passwords to readable passwords? For example by writing a custom php page? If so could you give some directions, please?

Erik

No, thats not possible without rewriting the complete authentication system and for security reasons i wont recommend it.

If you want do it anyway, have a look at the files in:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/

erik
2nd September 2005, 09:57
No, thats not possible without rewriting the complete authentication system and for security reasons i wont recommend it.

Then I won't do that :). Thanks for your quick response.

Erik