PDA

View Full Version : Mail Filter Failed to Delete Defined Messages

giganet
4th June 2009, 19:31
Hello group...

In trying to lessen the amount of UCE making it's way to INBOXES I setup 2 simple filters in Mail Filter tab for each account in ISPConfig3 presently.

However this morning every account with a filter created that should have deleted all E-Mail with a Subject line containing ***SPAM*** failed completely.

One account saw 20 pieces of UCE which were identified as ***SPAM*** by the server in the Subject line.

In Mail -> Filters I added rules as follows: Source = Subject -> Contains -> ***SPAM***
with Action = Delete
Active = Checked

I think I am missing something in configuration possibly?
Your ideas and suggestions would be great.

Thanking you in advance for your help and time.

Best Regards

till
5th June 2009, 11:23
Make sure that you escaped the search string correctly, it has to be \*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*

giganet
5th June 2009, 16:48
Hi Till

Thank you I will try escaping the special characters in the SPAM filter.

However, I do have another filter which is looking to filter out 'Increase your Salary' (http://giganetwireless.net:8080/#)
UCE with that Subject are still making their way through.

Thank you for your help very much.

Best Regards

jbryner
23rd July 2009, 03:58
It seems that even with \*\*\*SPAM\*\*\* in the filter, and .Spam being the folder I created, it wont move to .Spam. they go straight through to the inbox.

Might there be something Im missing?

till
23rd July 2009, 09:51
Please try to update to the current beta version. I use the beta on my mail server and filtering for ***SPAM*** works fine.

giganet
24th July 2009, 06:25
Hello Til

Thank you for the reply...

I am presently running ISPConfig 3.0.1.3, I have seen there is a download for 3.0.1.4 BETA is available but I am afraid to even try the BETA version.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

till
24th July 2009, 08:36
Then you will have to wait for the 3.0.1.4 final if you dont ant to install the beta to fix your problem :-)

ahagadorn
27th July 2009, 22:12
Just a note - I am having the same issue.

Andy

ahagadorn
28th July 2009, 00:33
I installed the latest beta version - mail filters still don't work.

Andy

till
28th July 2009, 08:47
I use the latest Bet on my mailserver and filter all emails with the mailfilters in ispconfig and they work perfectly.

ahagadorn
28th July 2009, 13:40
Do you have an suggestions on what I should look at to try to get it working?

EDIT: I found the problem.

I was using Subject->Begins With - the regexp created by ISPConfig for "Begins With" is:
### BEGIN FILTER_ID:1
if (/^Subject:\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*/:h)
{
exception {
to /dev/null
}
}
### END FILTER_ID:1

That will never be true, since there is always a space after header fields, in this case "Subject:". When a space is added between "Subject:" and the pattern, "Begins With" works fine. My opinion is, this is a bug, unless I am missing something. Note that if you specify "Contains", it works fine because the regexp is correctly formatted. I did not try the other tests.

Andy