PDA

View Full Version : are all incoming emails scanned for SPAM?

Ovidiu
10th May 2009, 23:09
more exactly, I still have spam coming in where I wouldn't expect it, and noticed, its mostly emails that come in for an email alias where spam seems to get through, hence my question:

are mailboxes, email aliases, email catchalls and email forwards all treated equal when it comes to SPAM scanning?

till
11th May 2009, 18:44
Spam scanning depends on the settings that you had choosen for the domain and / or mailbox. Settings in mailboxes ovveride domain wide settings. For aliases the domanwide settings are relevant.

Ovidiu
12th May 2009, 08:35
ok, thx, then I've done it right, might be just coincidence...

Olgierd
12th April 2012, 14:20
When I add some rule to content filter and I have not set any Spamfilter in domain content filter seems not work.

Is this ok behavior?

till
12th April 2012, 14:35
I guess you mix up some things here. This thread is about amavis / spamassassin and amavis is only active when you enable it for a domain. If you mean postfix header or body filters then this is not related to amavis or enabling of amavis. If a postfix header filetsr dont work then you have most likely a syntax error in your filter regex.

Olgierd
12th April 2012, 15:01
I guess you mix up some things here. This thread is about amavis / spamassassin and amavis is only active when you enable it for a domain. If you mean postfix header or body filters then this is not related to amavis or enabling of amavis. If a postfix header filetsr dont work then you have most likely a syntax error in your filter regex.

syntax error ?

do you think that pattern is wrong /domain\.com/ ?

till
12th April 2012, 15:06
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/341/test-your-bodyheader-filter-pattern-matching/