PDA

View Full Version : Apache problem

Cracklefish
22nd April 2009, 20:17
I must hold the world record for installs of suse11.1/perfect server/ispconfig3 but still I can't get apache to work properly

After install ispconfig loads as does phpmyadmin and squirrelmail. I an add clients and mailboxes and all is ok. If I add a website I can open its pages but I loose access to phpmyadmin and squirrelmail. Disabling the site has no effect but deleting it gives me back phpmyadmin and squirrelmail.

If I add a second website any call to that opens the index page of first site.

I am using domain registrars DNSs.

tebokkel
22nd April 2009, 23:10
Sounds to me you might have one VirtualHost to much in the Apache-config you got with your distribution.. Does the command
apache2ctl configtest
give warnings about overlapping (name)virtualhosts?
I could very well be wrong about this.. ;-)

Paul

Cracklefish
23rd April 2009, 12:40
No but thanks for the tip about apache2ctl. It has saved me from slashing my wrists as I'd run out of hair to tear out.

Revitalised for another days hacking I think I have now managed to get it to work but I had to make some changes.

I have added another vhost file in sites available and a symlink to it in sites enabled.

I get no error messages from apache2 or apache2ctl, I can access ispconfig, phpmyadmin and squirrelmail and all the websites I create.

I have also put an index file in srv/www/htdocs just for the hell of it. I'll take it out if somebody gives me a good reason.

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs

ServerName golf1.greenway.co.uk
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

<Directory /srv/www/golf1.greenway.co.uk>
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig Limit
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
<Files ~ '.php[s3-6]{0,1}$'>
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Allow from none
</Files>
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Incidentally, I don't know if this is significant but the <!--ADDRESS//--> and <!--SUPPORT//--> tags in index.html don't work.

Perhaps somebody could tell me if this is a bodge a bugfix or have I just added something that got lost!

falko
23rd April 2009, 23:55
Incidentally, I don't know if this is significant but the <!--ADDRESS//--> and <!--SUPPORT//--> tags in index.html don't work.
These are just comments inside the HTML source code.