PDA

View Full Version : Need help install on Mandriva 2009 server

dcihon
17th April 2009, 18:38
There doesn't seem to be good instructions on how to install ISPConfig to Mandriva 2009 64 bit.
Can someone help me with some exact instructions. I have tried what is out there on the ISPConfig site but it doesn't apply to Mandriva.
Thanks
Dan

till
17th April 2009, 23:10
ispconfig 3 does not support mandriva. you will either have to use a different linux distribution or use ispconfig 2 instead of 3.

dcihon
18th April 2009, 15:07
OK I did the following install
The Perfect Server - CentOS 5.2 [ISPConfig 3]
I must have the wrong install instructions for ISPConfig 3 because when I go to run
php -q install.php I get the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_____ ___________ _____ __ _
|_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_)
| | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _
| | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` |
_| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| |
\___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, |
__/ |
|___/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Initial configuration

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Linux Distribution or Version not recognized.[root@cihon1 install]#

dcihon
18th April 2009, 15:55
Update
I installed ISPConfig 2 per the instuctions on their site.
After answering some install questions I wasn't sure what the correct answers were it installed and I was able to log into it.
It is version 2
Can it be upgraded to version 3?
Also I guess I could have done the same thing with Mandriva 2009.

One more question. (Not related to ISPConfig)
The other linux distributions I installed (Fedora 10 and Mandriva) led me to believe package updates would be done automatically.
Will CentOS do the same thing, or do I have to do something special for it to update?
Thanks
Dan

falko
18th April 2009, 16:27
OK I did the following install
The Perfect Server - CentOS 5.2 [ISPConfig 3]
I must have the wrong install instructions for ISPConfig 3 because when I go to run
php -q install.php I get the following:
_____ ___________ _____ __ _
|_ _/ ___| ___ \ / __ \ / _(_)
| | \ `--.| |_/ / | / \/ ___ _ __ | |_ _ __ _
| | `--. \ __/ | | / _ \| '_ \| _| |/ _` |
_| |_/\__/ / | | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| |
\___/\____/\_| \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, |
__/ |
|___/

>> Initial configuration

PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Linux Distribution or Version not recognized.[root@cihon1 install]#
Are you sure this is CentOS 5.2 and not 5.3?

falko
18th April 2009, 16:28
Can it be upgraded to version 3?No, it's not possible to update from 2 to 3. 3 is a completely different software.

One more question. (Not related to ISPConfig)
The other linux distributions I installed (Fedora 10 and Mandriva) led me to believe package updates would be done automatically.
Will CentOS do the same thing, or do I have to do something special for it to update?
Thanks
DanYou have to do it manually for all distributions (well, except for Mandriva where I provided an auto-update script in the "Perfect Server" tutorials).

dcihon
18th April 2009, 17:10
I installed from CentOS-5.3-x86_64-bin-DVD.iso

falko
19th April 2009, 17:07
ISPConfig 3 doesn't support CentOS 5.3 yet.
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33407&highlight=centos+ispconfig

dcihon
19th April 2009, 17:56
Ok thanks for the reply.
I am jumping all over the place getting set up. I apologize for any confusion.
Here is where I stand now.
I have settled on the Mandriva Server setup.
I am up and running with that.
ISPConfig 2 is installed and up and running.
Should I be happy with that and move along or should I or can I install ISPConfig 3?
Sorry for so many questions.
Thanks
Dan

falko
20th April 2009, 12:52
ISPConfig 3 doesn't support Mandriva.