PDA

View Full Version : ISPConfig 3.0.1.1 released

till
31st March 2009, 21:08
ISPConfig 3.0.1.1 is available for download. This release is a bugfix release for ISPConfig 3.0.1.

Download
-----------------------------------------------------

The software can be downloaded here:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ispconfig/ISPConfig-3.0.1.1.tar.gz?use_mirror=

Changes:
--------------------------------------

- Many bugs have been fixed, see bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?string=&project=3&due[]=20&status[]=closed&do=index

For a detailed changelog, please have a look at the SVN history with an SVN client of your choice:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/

Known Issues:

Please take a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

Please report bugs to the ISPConfig bugtracking system:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

Supported Linux Distributions
-----------------------------
- Debian Etch (4.0) - Debian Lenny (5.0)
- Ubuntu 7.10 - 8.10
- OpenSuSE 11 - 11.1
- CentOS 5.2
- Fedora 9

Installation
--------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig can be found in the text files (named INSTALL_*.txt) which are inside the docs folder of the .tar.gz file.

Update
--------------------

To update existing ISPConfig 3 installations, run this command on the shell:

ispconfig_update.sh

And select "stable" as update resource. The script will check if an updated version of ISPConfig 3 is available and then download the tar.gz and start the setup script.

If the ISPConfig version on your server does not have this script yet, follow the manual update instructions below.

Manual update instructions
--------------------------

cd /tmp
wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
tar xvfz ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
cd ispconfig3_install/install
php -q update.php

edge
31st March 2009, 23:01
Thank you.

I updated my system with "ispconfig_update.sh" and all worked as it should have :-)

koltz
1st April 2009, 06:30
Thanks for the update. Though I think I did something stupid. When doing the update, I took the defaults and it looks like it cleared all of my previous data. Any way to recover or am I SOL and just have to reset my sites? My sites work, though it deleted my email accounts, ftp accounts, and other things. I have a SQL backup of ISPConfig, but looks like I have more to deal with then just that. So if I have to reset, do I have to delete all of my old sites/databases?

Thanks,

Corey

till
1st April 2009, 09:25
Thanks for the update. Though I think I did something stupid. When doing the update, I took the defaults and it looks like it cleared all of my previous data. Any way to recover or am I SOL and just have to reset my sites? My sites work, though it deleted my email accounts, ftp accounts, and other things. I have a SQL backup of ISPConfig, but looks like I have more to deal with then just that. So if I have to reset, do I have to delete all of my old sites/databases?

Thanks,

Corey

And you executed the update.php or the install.php script?

robilaur
1st April 2009, 10:18
Table 'dbispconfig.billing_invoice' doesn't exist! Can anyone tell me what is this and way doesnt it exist? :D
Thanx

till
1st April 2009, 10:29
You have either installed a SVN version or updated to a SVN version on your server before and now you installed a stable update which is not compatible with the svn version that you have installed. So your problem is not a problem with ISPConfig 3.0.1.1, you just tried to update to a incompatible version as the version that you had already installed had more database tables then the 3.0.1.1 update. Never use SVN versions on production systems!

You most likely lost your database now, please restore the database from an backup. If you dont have a backup take a look at the /root/ directory, ispconfig stores a backup of the database there before the update is performed.

If you installed or updated to svn at any time before, you can not install any released version on your system anymore.

robilaur
1st April 2009, 10:32
Well.... i updated to 3.0.1.1 and i cant login to isp now... and i probably lost everything
... tell me how to restor the data base pls

till
1st April 2009, 10:34
Well.... i updated to 3.0.1.1 and i cant login to isp now... and i probably lost everything
... tell me how to restor the data base pls

You dont have a valid databse anymore because you used a svn relaese, see my post above. NEVER USE SVN VERSIONS ON PRODUCTION SYSTEMS.

robilaur
1st April 2009, 10:36
So what can i do now?... how do i login back to ispconfig?

robilaur
1st April 2009, 10:38
how about if i update to svn again .... and import the saved database that ispconfig made at the time of the last update?

till
1st April 2009, 10:42
how about if i update to svn again .... and import the saved database that ispconfig made at the time of the last update?

This will not work because your database is emty now and the updater will fail without the information from the db. What you can do is:

1) Delete all tables in the database.
2) Download the latest svn version and import the sql dump that you find in the install/sql/ directory into the database.
3) Empty all tables in the database and import the backup that ispconfig stored in the the /root/ folder.

robilaur
1st April 2009, 11:36
Huh.... go it working.... damn that was hard.... Thanx Till for helping... oh and...will there be a way for me to update to 3.0.1.1 ?

Thanx again

koltz
1st April 2009, 14:38
Sorry, I downloaded the 3.0.1.1 final that was posted via sourceforge via wget, extracted it in my tmp dir and ran the php -q update.php. There were two prompts that defaulted to yes which I accepted thinking it wouldn't delete everything. But no, I didn't use the SVN release.

till
1st April 2009, 15:37
Sorry, I downloaded the 3.0.1.1 final that was posted via sourceforge via wget, extracted it in my tmp dir and ran the php -q update.php. There were two prompts that defaulted to yes which I accepted thinking it wouldn't delete everything. But no, I didn't use the SVN release.

Thats all fine so far, but you must have used a SVN release for updating or initial installation anytime before that. If a svn update was used anytime before then you can not install a regular update anymore.

koltz
1st April 2009, 15:59
Ok, how can I then migrate to non-SVN version of the software so I don't run into this again?

till
1st April 2009, 16:01
Ok, how can I then migrate to non-SVN version of the software so I don't run into this again?

The problem are the additional database tables in the svn that will have to be removed to be able to install the stable versions again. I will check them and post a sql script here. For now you will have to restore your database as I described above.

koltz
1st April 2009, 16:45
It worked for the most part. Everything came back, but when I added a domain to the site that wasn't in the backup, I get the following message now

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

till
1st April 2009, 16:51
If a site was not in the backup then you can not add a domain to it off course. If something is not there then you can not add another thing to it.

koltz
1st April 2009, 16:55
So I can't add any new sites? Anyway, the only thing that wasn't in the database was my webmail software which was out on the server still, I re-added the domain, and once I did that, none of my sites work now (about 5). They all get the above error message when I go to the site. This is since I tried to re-add the webmail domain again. Nothing else has changed.

till
1st April 2009, 16:55
@koltz: One additional note: Which backup did you use? The backup that ispconfig did right before the update? Because in this backup there can not be a domain missing as it was done right in the second were the update was done.

koltz
1st April 2009, 17:00
The backup from just before was pretty much empty. Here is what was in it:

-- MySQL dump 10.11
--
-- Host: localhost Database: dbispconfig
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
/*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;
/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;

So I reverted to the previous one.

koltz
1st April 2009, 17:52
I think I have found the issue, when I go an edit a site, in the vhosts file, it will delete part of the DocumentRoot. So, when I click save, it will change it to:

<VirtualHost 172.21.152.31:80>
DocumentRoot /8bitclassics.com/web

ServerName 8bitclassics.com
ServerAlias www.8bitclassics.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@8bitclassics.com

And have to change it to

<VirtualHost 172.21.152.31:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/8bitclassics.com/web

ServerName 8bitclassics.com
ServerAlias www.8bitclassics.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@8bitclassics.com

Where can I go to fix this so I don't have to add it everytime?

andypl
1st April 2009, 21:56
DocumentRoot for Servername should be in the opposite case, if the domain is not configured in the apache server will point to the first virtualhost.
We must also do sharedip as it was in when ispconfig2 not found not configured into the domain.
I believe that it is bug and should be removed in next release.

robilaur
3rd April 2009, 08:33
Still no resolution to update to 3.0.1.1 for the ones that updated befor from svn?

koltz
3rd April 2009, 15:57
One other issue I seem to be having since the upgrade. My SPAM filter doesn't seem to work now. It was working perfectly and rechecked all my settings. But I am now receiving all SPAM.

jcombs_31
4th April 2009, 02:32
I was originally using a RC version from SVN and updated to 3.0.1 and haven't noticed any problems. If there are problems doing so I think it should have probably been more clearly documented in the release notes.

till
4th April 2009, 10:22
The Discussion above is about SVN versions and not the released RC versions. Updating from an RC version or beta is absolutely ok.

jcombs_31
4th April 2009, 18:16
I see, sorry for the confusion.

robilaur
6th April 2009, 08:44
One other issue I seem to be having since the upgrade. My SPAM filter doesn't seem to work now. It was working perfectly and rechecked all my settings. But I am now receiving all SPAM.

Edit /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user

locate :

$final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;

change it to:

$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;

Save the file

Then : /etc/init.d/amavis restart

take care

robilaur
6th April 2009, 10:30
Hy everyone.... did any find a way to update from SVN to v. 3.0.1.1? ... Till ... if i remove the extra tables manualy and then update the database...will i have a chance in successing ?

till
6th April 2009, 10:40
if i remove the extra tables manualy and then update the database...will i have a chance in successing ?

yes, that should work. make sure that you backup your database before you modify it.

robilaur
6th April 2009, 10:44
OK!!! :)) Yeyyy..... verry happy now...

So .. for the ones that first updated to SVN and after that t wanted to uprade to 3.0.1.1 and couldn`t because the database was screwd up.... here is the simplest posible resolution to that problem.

go to : http://domain.tld/phpmyadmin
login as root , select dbispconfig and you will see there 54 tables.... the new version of ispconfig has only 44 and as you try to upgrade the extra 10 tables screws you up. So ...u make a back-up to the database then u select the folowing tables : billing_invoice, billing_product, billing_service, billing_service_class, billing_tax, client_address_book, domain ,domain_handle ,domain_provider , domain_tld and u drop them (delete them).

After that you log in to console and update ispconfig : ispconfig_update.sh and select stable version.

Hope this helps and on the future ...remember!!! Do not use SVN on production machines!!!.... wait for stable :D

Net-Pet
9th April 2009, 23:26
Table 'dbispconfig.billing_invoice' doesn't exist! Can anyone tell me what is this and way doesnt it exist? :D
Thanx

I made the same mistake from the guide (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-8.10-ispconfig-3-p5) and installed both svn and stable possible the stable version. The isp gui was older and not ISPConfig 3.0.1.1 so I have to start over again to get the stable version
but now I have also installed (important: Jailkit must be installed before ISPConfig - it cannot be installed afterwards!)
so maybe I ned to start all over again or can it be avoided ?

falko
10th April 2009, 14:26
so maybe I ned to start all over again or can it be avoided ?
What exactly are you referring to?

Hans
10th April 2009, 21:57
Hi Till,
I am prepairing a new production server and i've setup IPSConfig3 in a LVM-based XEN VM. I want you to know that ISPConfig 3 is functioning very well in this environment! :)

Thanks one more time for this nice hosting control panel!

till
11th April 2009, 11:24
I dont see a reason why it should not work. ISPConfig does not interact with xen or lvm, so it should work like on any other server.

Hans
11th April 2009, 12:44
That's true Till, but i'm a little enthusiastic! :)

One more thing:
i see in ISPConfig 3 that the red/orange bar in the left menu appears sometimes twice. So When this happens there are two red/orange bars instead of one.

This happens especially within the cp section of the menu.

Can this behaviour be solved?

till
15th April 2009, 12:24
The menu bar colora are changed with plain css, so most likely your browser has some issues with that as I dont see it in the browsers that I have installed on my computer.

Cracklefish
18th April 2009, 15:03
I must admit I had my fingers crossed when I did the update as I think I had broken the original install!

on doing the update I got an "unknown host" message and "PHP Notice: Undefined Offset: 0 in /tmp/isp.../update.php on line 81.

I said "yes" to reconfigure services - no further error messages.

Now the original problems.

Maybe I have shot myself in the foot...

I changed the mail directory to /src/mail

when I create a mailbox I get /srv/mail/domain/mail and /srv/mail/mailfilters/domain/mail
both ../mail folders are empty and don't receive mail but it is not being rejected, at least not yet (24 hours)

I have an apache problem too.

With no sites created I get a error when I try to connect to the machine because there is no index.html in /srv/www/htdocs/

If I put a file there I can see it until I add a site. Then the site shows.

If I add a second site still only site 1 shows.

till
18th April 2009, 18:57
You can not chsnge the mail directory, if you cahnge it your setup gets broken. The best is to uninstall ispconfig snd then reinstall it without changing the directory.

Cracklefish
18th April 2009, 20:42
Er.. don't understand, why do you have the mail directory option in the server config section.

The /var folder seems to me a strange place to put the mail. I like to keep /var in its own partition to guard against it overflowing if an error or access log file goes haywire.

falko
19th April 2009, 17:05
The /var folder seems to me a strange place to put the mail. Why? A few years ago when everyone was using mbox, all mails were stored in /var/spool/mail.

Cracklefish
19th April 2009, 21:50
OK I'll go quietly! I'll reinstall tomorrow.

I'm new to mail servers etc, never had that sort of thing on my first machine. It used valves, had a crt memory and a front panel - those were the days.:)

Cracklefish
20th April 2009, 21:14
OK, I have reinstalled everything from scratch because I thought I might have broken Apache.

The mail is working fine but I still have the same Apache problem.

With the first site installed its home page displays. Calling the server name or ip also shows site one not a "It works" or Shared IP page.

When site 2 is installed it still shows site 1.

The contents of sites-available and sites-enabled look normal all the docroot and servername and directory statements are correct.

On starting Apache I get a "[warn] Default_VirtualHost overlap on port 80, the first has precedence"

till
20th April 2009, 21:23
ISPconfig 3 does not have a shared IP page, looks as if you have ispconfig 2 installed which has a shared IP page. Please post ispconfig 2 questions in the ispconfig 2 forums and not the ispconfig 3 forum.

Additionally, if you have a new problem, please make a new thread and dont post to the release thraed.

Cracklefish
21st April 2009, 11:10
I do have 3 installed. OK there should not be a shared ip page. The problem I have I raised as part of my original post. I only repeated it here because it was not answered.

Sorry if I do not understand the etiquette of this forum. I start a new thread

quannv
25th April 2009, 05:56
Do I have to install suPHP in ISPconfifg3?

till
25th April 2009, 11:18
Yes, if you want to use all funcions in ispconfig. Please install your server exactly as described in the perfect setup guide for ispconfig 3.

Slye
28th April 2009, 14:41
Is the complete translation of the french will come in future versions?
Thank you.

till
28th April 2009, 16:34
Yes, if someone translates it and sends the language files to the developers.

quannv
29th April 2009, 18:58
Before I restart myDNS, everything is OK.
After restarting myDNS, all website display "It works!".
Moreover when I restart MyDNS, I got message /etc/init.d/mydns: line 1: Start: command not found
Please help me

falko
30th April 2009, 17:51
Before I restart myDNS, everything is OK.
After restarting myDNS, all website display "It works!".
Moreover when I restart MyDNS, I got message /etc/init.d/mydns: line 1: Start: command not found
Please help me

Please open a new thread for this.

phorce1
1st May 2009, 05:03
I get the following running ispconfig_update.sh

Notice: Undefined variable: distver in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: distbaseid in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 135
Linux Dustribution or Version not recognized.

falko
1st May 2009, 19:24
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34069&highlight=distbaseid

bmurfin
7th May 2009, 20:36
I did the stable update of ispconfig 3 and now I can't login. I am able to access phpmyadmin on the site but I am not sure how to create a new administrator account. The web sites hosted by ispconfig 3 are still accessible.

Thanks,

falko
8th May 2009, 16:24
Did you see any errors during the upgrade?
Does your MySQL password contain any special characters?

bmurfin
8th May 2009, 16:39
I didn't notice any error messages during the upgrade. My mysql password doesn't have any special characters but isn't that different from the admin password? The admin password did have a hyphen in it.

Thanks for getting back to me about this, I really appreciate it. I've been searching the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem but haven't found any so far.

I forgot to mention, I saw this post, and tried the Beta upgrade and got an error message:

This is the beta version of the upcoming ISPConfig 3.0.1.2 release. This is mainly a bugfix release.

Changelog
------------------------------------

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/inde...losed&do=index

Beside these changes the, the dns manager has now a input form for AAAA (ipv6) records.

Installation

Execute the following commands as root user on the shell:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.1.2-beta.tar.gz
tar xfz ISPConfig-3.0.1.2-beta.tar.gz
cd ispconfig3_install/install/
php -q update.php

Here is the error message I got when I tried the instructions above:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/update.php on line 147

RomaSvcs
14th May 2009, 02:28
Update Installation

Execute the following commands as root user on the shell:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/I....2-beta.tar.gz
tar xfz ISPConfig-3.0.1.2-beta.tar.gz
cd ispconfig3_install/install/
php -q update.php

This is to let the Centos 5.3 users know that using the instruccions
given here the ISPCONFIG update from ver 3.0.1.1 to 3.0.1.2 works perfect!!

keep the good work!
cheers
Carlos Barrera:)

pinguinito
15th May 2009, 19:01
I am trying to create just my second website site and I can't. I have my elgg working perfect but nothing more.

went I make a new website at the ispconfig panel, it show the new website but
if I look at the directory there is not new directory created
on /var/www/ I just have the 1 web i make
advance ???
reinstall again???
please help

till
16th May 2009, 12:23
Why do you want to reinstall?? First check in the jobqueue if your site has been created and then check on the shell if the vhots file is created. If thats all ok, then check that your domain name really ponts to the correct IP and that you have no typos in your domain.

By the way, you posted this in the wrong thread. If you have a problem with your ispconfig installation, always make a new thread.

pinguinito
17th May 2009, 03:16
First check in the jobqueue if your site has been created
I't show all ok: all the insert , update, delete.

and then check on the shell if the vhots file is created

I don't see any virtual hots file and /var/www/clients/ just show me one cliente0
and I have one more
the website I tried to make was for cliente0 and I did't not see any more file than the web is working perfect and my ISPconfig does't show me in the control panel.

I apoligice for post 2 times.
Thanks

madmac007
17th May 2009, 03:58
Sorry about this dumb question,

Is ispconfig 3 still Beta?

Thanks

madmac

till
17th May 2009, 10:33
I don't see any virtual hots file and /var/www/clients/ just show me one cliente0
and I have one more

Thats ok. Client0 there is just one client0 folder even if you have hundreds of websites as long as the sites belong to the same client. Vhost files are in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

the website I tried to make was for cliente0 and I did't not see any more file than the web is working perfect and my ISPconfig does't show me in the control panel.

Ok, yu mean the new website is not shown in the list of sites in ISPConfig? Then you did not create a site yet, maybe you created an alias or subdomain?

till
17th May 2009, 10:34
Sorry about this dumb question,

Is ispconfig 3 still Beta?

No, its not beta. Otherwise it would be labeled as beta in the release name.

fastformer
17th May 2009, 17:27
Hi,

I have followed the howtoforge tutorial :
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-9.04-ispconfig-3

Now I have a problem with emails for my main server. Well as you know in order to create email addresses, you'd have to create a mail domain then a mail box. So I go to ISPConfing and create a mail domain mydomain.tld and then go create a mail box admin@mydomain.tld.
All good so far, and I can log into squirrelmail, which means the mysql record has been successfully created.
The problem is with receiving email at this address. When i email this address I says: <admin@mydomain.tld>: unknown user 'admin' and here's the report:

Reporting-MTA: dns; mydomain.tld
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 7162CC953
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; myemail@myhost.tld
Arrival-Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 13:52:50 +0000 (UTC)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; admin@mydomain.tld
Original-Recipient: rfc822;admin@mydomain.tld
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "admin"

please help.

till
17th May 2009, 17:30
Please make a new thread. This thread is only for the release and not for any installation or usage problems.

fastformer
17th May 2009, 17:40
Please make a new thread. This thread is only for the release and not for any installation or usage problems.
ok done. sorry didn't know.