PDA

View Full Version : auto subdomain not working, 403 error. ispconfig 3

SeanT
6th March 2009, 05:38
I'm having an issue with auto subdomains and subdomains in general. I created a client and added the site if I go to domain.tld it works fine, however if I go to www.domain.tld I get a 403 error. I tried removing the site and readding it and I'm still having the same issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm running ispconfig 3 and Ubuntu server 8.10

SeanT
6th March 2009, 10:18
Anyone have any thoughts? I really need to get this working... I tried removing the website again and then going to domain.tld and it brought up the default apache site, however www.domain.tld brought up the 403 page... I'm really at a loss here...

robilaur
6th March 2009, 10:43
Log in to ISPconfig , then click on sites , then select the site and then select "Auto-subdomain" to www. and press save

SeanT
6th March 2009, 10:47
Log in to ISPconfig , then click on sites , then select the site and then select "Auto-subdomain" to www. and press save

Tried that, and *.

Here is the config for the site

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/eviltomatomedia.com/web

ServerName eviltomatomedia.com
ServerAlias www.eviltomatomedia.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@eviltomatomedia.com

ErrorLog /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/eviltomatomedia.com/error.log

ErrorDocument 400 /error/400.html
ErrorDocument 401 /error/401.html
ErrorDocument 403 /error/403.html
ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.html
ErrorDocument 405 /error/405.html
ErrorDocument 500 /error/500.html
ErrorDocument 503 /error/503.html

<Directory /var/www/eviltomatomedia.com/web>
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig Limit FileInfo
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

# ssi enabled
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
Options +Includes
</Directory>

# cgi enabled
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/clients/client6/web8/cgi-bin/
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
# mod_php enabled
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .php5
php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -fwebmaster@eviltomatomedia.com"
php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /var/clients/client6/web8/tmp
php_admin_value session.save_path /var/clients/client6/web8/tmp
#php_admin_value open_basedir /var/clients/client6/web8:/usr/share/php5

</VirtualHost>

robilaur
6th March 2009, 10:51
Look`s fine to me.... do u have the domain in the DNS records?... and u have www there?

SeanT
6th March 2009, 10:55
Look`s fine to me.... do u have the domain in the DNS records?... and u have www there?

Yep, www is a CNAME to the domain, the dns is hosted on the same machine.

I've restarted apache, I've even restarted the machine

robilaur
6th March 2009, 10:59
R u hosting the domain entirely on your server? or u have it on other service from where u make your pointings?

SeanT
6th March 2009, 11:00
it's all hosted on this one server.

SeanT
6th March 2009, 11:06
I just created a subdomain for mail. and that works fine... for some reason www will not work regardless of if I have it set as an auto subdomain or I manually create it... it makes no sense

robilaur
6th March 2009, 11:07
OK.... thats wired then.... try to make a A record of www.domain.tld pointing to your ip.
My setup is like this :
A domain.tld. 89.40.-.-
A www 89.40.-.-

SeanT
6th March 2009, 11:11
still no luck, and fyi mail. is also a cname record this is really starting to confuse the hell out of me lol

robilaur
6th March 2009, 11:15
heck... I dont know.... install debian :)) it will work :)

SeanT
6th March 2009, 11:26
well I just tried it on another ispconfig 3 server that I setup a couple days ago and haven't touched, added the client, the dns, and the website didn't do an auto subdomain I created it manually again it works fine for mail but fails for www I guess this must be an ubuntu related issue? Really sucks I now have to do a clean install just to get this working... oh well Thanks for the help.

robilaur
6th March 2009, 11:54
well.... look on the forum....there is a script that installs everythig by the book automatikli... u only have to do the Os install and then run that script.
Ok take care

SeanT
6th March 2009, 11:57
Yep, I saw that and plan on using it =] Thanks again, hopefully I can get this done in an hour or two, sleep would be nice at some point...

robilaur
6th March 2009, 12:25
Well ....if everithing goes without a problem u shoul have it up and running in 1:30 hours max

SeanT
6th March 2009, 12:27
just finished installing debian lenny and working on installing ispconfig hopefully it doesn't shit the bed again.

robilaur
6th March 2009, 13:08
PLease tell me if that install works great..

PermaNoob
4th October 2010, 19:39
Yep, www is a CNAME to the domain, the dns is hosted on the same machine.

I've restarted apache, I've even restarted the machine

www should be an A (address) pointed to the ip, not CNAME, at least, that's what works for me.