PDA

View Full Version : ISPConfig 3.0.0.4 Beta Released

till
28th April 2008, 14:41
The first Beta version of ISPconfig 3 is available for download. This release is
for testing only, it is not for production use.

ISPConfig 3 is a new Hosting Control Panel written from scratch. ISPConfig 3
is not a direct update for ISPConfig 2. DO not install it on a ISPConfig 2 server.

Features of ISPConfig 3 compared to ISPConfig 2
-----------------------------------------------------

- Support for virtual mail users
- Support for virtual FTP Users
- Support for multiple Servers
- Support for splitting of services to multiple servers
(Database, web, FTP and DNS can be on different servers).

Download
-----------------------------------------------------

The software itself can be downloaded here:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.0.0.4-beta.tar.gz

ISPConfig 3.0.0.4 Beta is also available as ready to run VMWare virtual
machine based on Debian Linux.

Download of the VMWare image:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig_3.0.0.4_debian_etch.zip (approx. 520 MB)

When you run the vmware image the first time you will be asked to keep
or create a MAC address. Select "keep", otherwise the networking wont work.

The root password of the VM is set to "ispconfig", the IP address is
192.168.0.105 and has to be reconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces
to meet your network requirements. The ISPconfig Interface login is:

http://192.168.0.105:8080/

User = admin
Password = admin.

Changes:
--------------------------------------

- Added bruteforge protection into login
- Added reseller capabilities to all modules.
- Added a server module for clients and a mail plugin.
- Added a function to update all email addresses when a mail domain is changed.
- Added apache directives field.
- Added language file editor.

And many bugs have been fixed.

For a detailed cahngelog, please have a look at the SVN history with a SVN client of your choice:

svn://svn.ispconfig.org/ispconfig3/trunk/

Known Issues:

Please have a look at the bugtracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

BUG Reporting

This is a Beta release and we invite everone to report bugs. Bugs can be either reported
in the ispconfig forum (preferaböe to this forum thread) or you sign up for a account
in the ISPConfig bugtracking system and sent a email to dev[at]ispconfig[dot]org with your
bugtracker username and and the request to activate your user. Due to massive SPAM problems
we had to dectivate the automatic activation of bugtracker accounts.

Supported Linux Distributions
-----------------------------
- Debian Etch (4.0).
- Ubuntu 7.10

More Linux Distributions will be supported soon.

Installation
--------------------

The installation instructions for ISPConfig on Debian and Ubuntu can be found
in the text files INSTALL_DEBIAN.txt and INSTALL_UBUNTU.txt which are inside
the ISPConfig-3.0.0.4-beta.tar.gz file.

edge
28th April 2008, 15:27
I'm about to install an 'new' test server later this week, and WILL put this new beta on it.
I'll report back a.s.a.p.

Thank you for this beta!

Leszek
29th April 2008, 01:16
This version seems very fast.
Here are some problems I had with it:

When I tried to export a language file I got an error:
"Warning: file_put_contents(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/temp/en.lng) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/admin/language_export.php on line 105".
A little lower was this:"Exported language file to: /temp/en.lng" but the file never got exported (to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/temp/en.lng nor /tmp/en.lng)

Second thing I found was some missing icons for changing pages (themes/grey/images/btn_left.png and themes/grey/images/btn_right.png).

Some buttons (for example in DB Sync.) don't have titles.

When I try to delete a user,group,server,db sync.,user I see <tmpl_var_name='delete_confirmation'> instead of a real confirmation.

When adding a user in DB Sync. I can see his password while typing instead of "*".

When adding something (user,domain etc.) and switching to another tab without fully filling the form gives an error message,which isn't very obvious.

It would also be nice to make headers like CP Users,Groups,Servers,DB Sync.,Language Editor active so that users wouldn't have to click on Edit User,Edit Group etc. to see a list of users,groups etc.

till
29th April 2008, 12:10
Thanks, I added the bugs and feature requests to the bugtracker.

This version seems very fast.

ISPConfig 3 uses Ajax.

Leszek
29th April 2008, 13:04
ISPConfig 3 uses Ajax.
You can tell.
The impression of this version is very positive.
Thanks for Your work.

ahoivik
29th April 2008, 17:32
I have a question about its implementation. When Ispconfig 3 stable is released, will it be possible to upgrade from 2.x, or will a reinstall be necessary?

Im looking forward to the release, but not sure if I am up for a reinstall.

btw you guys are doing a great job, much appreciated!

Leszek
29th April 2008, 17:45
http://howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16746

till
29th April 2008, 17:46
I have a question about its implementation. When Ispconfig 3 stable is released, will it be possible to upgrade from 2.x, or will a reinstall be necessary?

A reinstall will be nescessary as ISPConfig 3 has different system requirements.

ISPConfig 2
------------------------------------
BIND DNS Server
Postfix or Sendmail with system Users
Courier or Dovecot or several other pop3 and imap deamons with system users
proftpd or vsftpd with system users
Procmail as LDA

ISPConfig 3
-------------------------------
MyDNS DNS Server
Postfix virtual Users
Courier Virtual Users
pureftpd with virtual Users
Maildrop as LDA

But there is no need to upgrade to ISPConfig 3 as the development of ISPConfig 2 will net be stopped with the release of ISPConfig 3 final.

Hans
29th April 2008, 18:02
Hi Till,

Later this year i plan to setup a testserver as well.
I am a very satisfied ISPConfig 2 user and i hope we can make ISPConfig 3 even better! Thanks for your work so far.

Snowman
29th April 2008, 21:00
great improvement, totaly happy satisfied user :)
keep this great work, until stable release ..

ps : is it final count of words in web interface ? i want to start translation :)

till
29th April 2008, 21:18
is it final count of words in web interface ? i want to start translation

No, the language files are not complete yet, a bunch of error messages is still missing. It is better to wait with translations for the next beta release, I will try to complete the english language files until then.

Snowman
29th April 2008, 21:22
No, the language files are not complete yet, a bunch of error messages is still missing. It is better to wait with translations for the next beta release, I will try to complete the english language files until then.
I am not from England or USA but i can help with english translation. No probl.
Just send PM or reply:)

gjcomputer
30th April 2008, 14:33
nice work gents. im gonna toss this on my test server tonight and ill report findings

the_spy
1st May 2008, 00:32
do you have a tutorial for the "perfect setup" on Debian etch for a ISPConfig 3 server ? (for mydns, pureftpd, maildrop, etc.. which are different than ISPConfig 2)

Thanks

gjcomputer
1st May 2008, 03:56
do you have a tutorial for the "perfect setup" on Debian etch for a ISPConfig 3 server ? (for mydns, pureftpd, maildrop, etc.. which are different than ISPConfig 2)

Thanks

its actually in a text file if you download and extract from the op

also, till, can you caps the "city" to "City" under ->system->users
to match the rest of the titles?

bolero
10th May 2008, 15:10
Why not make some software, like DNS, optional? When I installed ISPConfig 2I had to install Bind just to fulfill the requirement, although I didn't intend to use it.
Similar for the very tight requirement on certain software for IMAP and FTP. AFAIK dovecot and vsftpd can also support virtual users. I would prefer being able to use these instead of what you chose. A web interface should be a web interface and not a strict determinator for the hosting platform. Is there a chance you support these as well? As information: pureftpd and courier are both *not* available as distribution packages in at least one of the major commercial distributions: RHEL.

Bobonov
14th May 2008, 17:53
MyDNS DNS Server
Postfix virtual Users
Courier Virtual Users
pureftpd with virtual Users
Maildrop as LDA

Just a short question... is this the final list for supported software or it will be expanded with some other as well?

I am asking this because it seem that the current ubuntu (hardy 8.04) does not support any more mydns, at least there is no package avail even if in debian repository is still there.
Going to the mydns website I saw that it seem that is not developed any more, or at least is changed in mydns-ng. Is not very clear. On the website there is nothing, last update was in 2006 but in user mailing list there is a post about an updated version in which is more or less clear that it is evolved mydns-ng.

Probably ispconfig does not need any change in order to support mydns-ng (if it is only a fllowup develop on mydns) but anyway i still have the same problem, no package for hardy for both mydns and mydns-ng

till
14th May 2008, 18:00
Are you sure that you enabled all ubuntu repositories? I know that mydns is available in Ubuntu 7.10, but I did not install it on 8.04 yet. If mydns-ng is 100% compatible with mydns, it should work, but I did not test it yet.

If you dont find a package, you will be able to most likely compile it.

Bobonov
15th May 2008, 07:39
As you can see no package for hardy
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=all&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=mydns
In debian repository is still there.
I saw about mydns-ng but (beside compiling it) it is quite new and, as far as I know, no distribution support it yet.
So it is a bit strange to rely on a piece of software which is not maintained any more or on another piece which is still not included in any distribution.
I was already planing to make the package on my own, but compiling and making package it is not exactly for everyone.
Anyway I went on in the installation without problem, it didn't stop complain for mydns missing, but at the end it tried to restart it.
Now I have a couple of notice:
even if mydns is not avail ispconfig still present me the dns part, but ispconfig know it is not avail (under monitor it is offline), I think it should at least disable the part of the interface regarding offline service.
Another question is: next beta/rc will have an upgrade script or manual procedure for upgrade?
Another think that can be useful is a "fix configuration" script, which will only fix services configuration files, without touching database tables.
This come very handy in case some configuration file are overwrite by a software upgrade.
P.S.
About mydns I posted a couple of question in ubuntu forums to see if anyone know why there is no package.

Addendum:
2 minutes after this post I saw that someone answered to my question about the package
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mydns/+question/33089
Thanks for the question.

The mydns project is orphaned and is not part of unstable and experimental in debian anymore. It has been dropped after gutsy.

Hope this helps.

till
15th May 2008, 11:00
Another question is: next beta/rc will have an upgrade script or manual procedure for upgrade?

This Beta has already a update script, it is called update.php and it is in the same folder then the install.php script.

Download the latest RElease as tar.gz or from SVN and then run the update.php script to update your installation.

Another think that can be useful is a "fix configuration" script, which will only fix services configuration files, without touching database tables.
This come very handy in case some configuration file are overwrite by a software upgrade.

run the update.php script

P.S.
About mydns I posted a couple of question in ubuntu forums to see if anyone know why there is no package.

Addendum:
2 minutes after this post I saw that someone answered to my question about the package
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mydns/+question/33089

ISPConfig 3 is a very modular software, the interface supports any DNS server, it is just nescessary to write a plugin which creates the config files for the specific DNS server.

At the moment, we support only mydns as this dns server does not need any config files at all and it works right out of the database. As far as I know, there are no known problems with mydns, so there is no problem if you use it. We will see if mydns-ng will pick up the development and gets included in debian and ubuntu.

Bobonov
15th May 2008, 15:05
:p ooops sorry didn't saw the update.php file
about mydns-ng as soon as I have some time I'll try to compile and use it with ispconfig and I'll let you know if it work out of the box

till
15th May 2008, 15:52
about mydns-ng as soon as I have some time I'll try to compile and use it with ispconfig and I'll let you know if it work out of the box

Thanks, that would be great.

I've read today trough their mailing lists and it seems as if they want to change the database structure within the next pre releases but it sould stay compatible with mydns.

I will try to add the new mydns-ng features when they release a stable version.

Does anyone know another good and stable DNS server with mysql backend? Which is at best even available as package for the major linux distributions?

Bobonov
16th May 2008, 17:13
I made a ubuntu package for the latest stable mydns-ng version (1.2.7.1 2008-02-23 02:10). It install anyway as mydns and ispconfig recognize the service.
The problem is that I couldn't configure it since the ispconfig DNS configuration panel do not allow me to select a server, the select is empty therefore I can't add a zone. I select a server in others panels as the select is populated.
Problem
I wanted to update with the svn.tar.gz version and to test also there but no update.php script in it. :-(

So I went directly to the get it form the svn.
here everiting is fine but couldn't run either the install or the upgrade script because it say that ispconfig2 is installed.
I looked at the code and it simply check for
if(is_dir('/root/ispconfig') || is_dir('/home/admispconfig')) {
die('This software can not be installed on a server wich runs ISPConfig 2.x.');
}
So it is simply impossible to upgrade a beta version since it only check for the presence of the configuration directory but not for the version.
Commented the code and went on with a fresh install (already un-installed the previous version) and now the server select under DNS tab is populated.

Using the server as dns I can resolve the base domain (mydomain.it) but couldn't resolve third level domain like www.mydomain.it

I configured as follow and as far as I remember dns con figuration it should be fine:
Zone
Server: Server
Client: XXXX
Zone (SOA): mydomain.it
NS: ns.mydomain.it
Email: postmaster.mydomain.it
Refresh: 28800 Seconds
Retry: 7200 Seconds
Expire: 604800 Seconds
Minimum: 86400 Seconds
TTL: 86400 Seconds
Xfer (IP): Allow zone transfers to this IP
Active: X

And there are the following records:
Active Type Name Data

Yes A www public.ip.address
Yes CNAME mail www
Yes MX mydomain.it mail.mydomain.it
Yes NS mydomain.it ns.mydomain.it

So resuming form remote connection using the server as dns I can correctly ping mydomain.it but I could not ping www.mydomain.it.
Running mydns in verbose (mydns -v) mode I have the following:

.......... IN A www.mydomain.it. REFUSED Zone_not_found 1 0 0 0 LOG N QUERY ""
.......... IN A www.mydomain.it. REFUSED Zone_not_found 1 0 0 0 LOG Y QUERY ""

Did I configured something wrongly or mydns is not getting correctly the table schema?

mphayesuk
16th May 2008, 17:16
Just installed it and what a difference, well done on all the hard work, the only thing to try and do now is an easy or step by step guide on moving data from v2 to the new system.

But a big well done and it looks great.

till
16th May 2008, 17:36
So I went directly to the get it form the svn.
here everiting is fine but couldn't run either the install or the upgrade script because it say that ispconfig2 is installed.
I looked at the code and it simply check for
Code:

if(is_dir('/root/ispconfig') || is_dir('/home/admispconfig')) { die('This software can not be installed on a server wich runs ISPConfig 2.x.'); }

So it is simply impossible to upgrade a beta version since it only check for the presence of the configuration directory but not for the version.

I dont know what you exactly did, but ISPConfig 3 does not use these two directories and if they are used, ispconfig 2 is installed on your system and you can not install ISPConfig 2 and 3 together on the same machine.

I use the update script daily, it works just fine. ISPConfig 3 never uses /root/ispconfig or /home/admispconfig, so maybe you created them manually?

Did I configured something wrongly or mydns is not getting correctly the table schema?

Please post the config file of mydns-ng. you will have to point mydns-ng to the ispconfig database and tell the software which tables to use, the installer is doing this for mydns by altering the config file.

till
16th May 2008, 17:40
Just installed it and what a difference, well done on all the hard work, the only thing to try and do now is an easy or step by step guide on moving data from v2 to the new system.

But a big well done and it looks great.

The systems are so different, so a migration will not be easy. I guess that the major point will be to write a script that connects to the ispconfig 2 database, reads all the information about websites, resellers, clients etc and writes them in the ispconfig 3 database on the other server. Maybe the script can also copy the website data and mailboxes into a tar.gz and a second script can move the data on the new server to the correct new locations.

Bobonov
17th May 2008, 18:27
I dont know what you exactly did, but ISPConfig 3 does not use these two directories and if they are used, ispconfig 2 is installed on your system and you can not install ISPConfig 2 and 3 together on the same machine.

I use the update script daily, it works just fine. ISPConfig 3 never uses /root/ispconfig or /home/admispconfig, so maybe you created them manually?

I installed ispconfig beta on a newly installed server.
Then tried to update using the svn.tar.gz version which didn't have any script (either install.php or update.php) then by downloading the current svn using svn directly which was ok.
The svn version had both update and install script but both stopped saying that I had version 2 installed. I think the beta version created the directory under /root, since I never installed ispconfig2 in my life.

About mydns problem I made an error in configuring the domain, I forgot to put dot . at the end of the domain in the zone configuration :o

Made some test and it seem to work properly.
So the new mydns-ng till version 1.2.7 works out of the box.

till
17th May 2008, 22:06
I guess you accidently installed a beta version of ISPConfig 2 first, as we do not publish any svn.tar.gz versions of ISPConfig 3. This explains also that you did not find the install scripts.

So the new mydns-ng till version 1.2.7 works out of the box.

Thank you for testing this.

Bobonov
18th May 2008, 09:51
accidently installed a beta version of ISPConfig 2
Yes that was my error. When I tried to update the beta 3.0 I firstly downloaded the svn tar.gz from the website. I saw the first link saying version 2 and I was sure (obviously I didn't read properly) the second link was for the version 3.

Now one more thing about version 3.
Now I am trying to personalize a site configuration. I setted up the virtual host and it works. I tried to use the "Apache directives" field under options.
I filled with some and saved it but the virtualhost file do not get modified.
Is it still incomplete?

till
18th May 2008, 15:30
Now I am trying to personalize a site configuration. I setted up the virtual host and it works. I tried to use the "Apache directives" field under options.
I filled with some and saved it but the virtualhost file do not get modified.
Is it still incomplete?

I just had a look at the sources and it is already implemented. I will have to debug this, added it to the bugtracker.

Bobonov
20th May 2008, 22:15
Upon creation of an email account no .Sent folder is created.Well it is not exactly a bug but this folder should be created automatically, it is common to all imap client.
Another 2 folders are .Draft and .Junk which are largely common
It would be great to have a way to configure which folder should be created upon email account creation.

jusdisgi
2nd June 2008, 16:10
Does anyone know another good and stable DNS server with mysql backend? Which is at best even available as package for the major linux distributions?

Well, there's BIND: http://mysql-bind.sourceforge.net/

Unfortunately it looks like one has to patch and recompile to use this. Perhaps there's a repo for it somewhere? Still, I'd much rather use BIND than anything else for DNS. Maybe I'm not being fair...it's just what I've used, and what I see deployed all over the place. But more than that, I would be really worried about having a production server with a core service whose software is unmaintained. Sure, there are no known problems *now* but what happens when somebody finds a way to root it in 6 months? Who's going to fix it?

Your other software choices seem great. I'm very encouraged by the features and Ajax and such...this version looks like a big step up. When do you expect it to go stable? I'm currently testing 2.x, since I intend to put a production server up by the end of the month and it meets my needs (single server, system users aren't that big a deal, etc.) but of course I'd rather use this if it's ready.

Anyway, thanks for this great software!

till
2nd June 2008, 18:40
Sure, there are no known problems *now* but what happens when somebody finds a way to root it in 6 months?

The development of MyDNS continues with a new group of developers, just the name has been changed to mydns-ng.

I'am aware of the bind mysql patches, but patching and recompiling bind is also not a ideal solution in my opinion. I prefer to write a plugin for ISPConfig 3 later that writes the config files for a "classic" bind instead.

jusdisgi
2nd June 2008, 18:57
I'am aware of the bind mysql patches, but patching and recompiling bind is also not a ideal solution in my opinion. I prefer to write a plugin for ISPConfig 3 later that writes the config files for a "classic" bind instead.

Yeah, it's too bad there's not some sort of loadable module for that sdb. You're probably right that using the flat files is the best option. Anyway, once my fancy production hardware arrives and I get the 2.x installation out of testing, I'll start playing with 3, it looks really nice. I should note however that 2.x RULES! I've been playing with it only for a couple days, but I'm just floored by how easy it makes everything. So I'm not sure whether I'll really ever need to make the jump to 3 unless/until you stop supporting 2. Anyway, thanks a ton, this is a great program.

Bobonov
3rd June 2008, 01:23
Actually I installed and tested with ispconfig the current stable release of mydns-ng and it work out of the box.

bup413
3rd June 2008, 12:22
I am still having a problem but am out most of this week. I hope we can continue this conversation toward the end of the week when I am back at my desk.

-Adam

maxwellb
5th June 2008, 07:46
Hi everyone,

My first post in HowtoForge! I've been looking eagerly at ISPConfig for a few months now - and just recently I came across version three. I was all set to instal v.2, until I read that it wouldn't be that easy to upgrade to three... I am very grateful to the developers - I've seen far less capable systems being sold for for more than I could afford. I know its a difficult question to answer, but does anyone have a timeline for the release of a stable version of ISPConfig 3?

Many thanks,
Max

till
5th June 2008, 11:46
I expect a first stable version of ISPConfig 3 to be released at end of june.

torusturtle
5th June 2008, 16:33

What about djbdns (http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html) (tinydns)?
VegaDNS (http://www.vegadns.org/) for example uses a MySQL backend. It should be possible to use the same approach for ISPconfig.

Bobonov
5th June 2008, 19:12
BUG on last svn revision 333

I was playing with the autoresponder and I saw that there was a problem in creating the directory.
Tracking back I found out that $data was empty.
The error is in server/classes/modules.inc.php at the line 87 which is
$data = unserialize(stripslashes($rec["data"]));
The stripslashes cause a failure in the unserialize, just took it out and it worked again (previous svn I had was working).
But I found this because I was trying to trace back another autoresponder problem and found out about the above one after the update.

The original problem was that even if the directory and the related file are created no autoresponder mail is sent.
Fortunately I found out the cause also of this problem:
basically upon the creation of the dir and the files under mailfilter directory the wrong usergroup and rights are set.
Instead of vmail:vmail is vmail:root and this seem to cause maildrop the impossibility to access the directory.
For sure it create the 2 following files as follow
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 0 2008-06-05 18:50 .vacation.lock
-rw-rw---- 1 vmail vmail 50 2008-06-05 18:50 .vacation.lst
The directory are created with permission 400 this also can cause problems.
I setted vmail:vmail and it seem that I needed to set permission at 700 in order to have it working. Maybe as permission is sufficient 600 but I didn't test it.
I looked at the code in the file server/plugins-available/maildrop_plugin.inc.php
The chown user has only the user instead of user:group and the user is also hard coded instead taking it from the configuration.
The permissions are set at 400, I think that the minimum should be 600 since maildrop write in the directory.

Last minor bug (I promise that at least for today is the last) about the autoresponder.
From the web interface if I try to save the settings directly from the autoresponder tab by clicking on the save button I get the following java alert: "Ajax Request was not successful. 1" (number 1 included)
But if I save from either form Mailbox or Mailfilter tab I have no error and it save (autoresponder setting included)

maxwellb
5th June 2008, 20:23
Thanks till! Just downloaded the VMware image for ISPConfig 3 - anyone have any idea how to change the keyboard layout to "US-English" or whatever it's called? I've been searching google but I havn't found a solid answer yet...

Thanks!

till
5th June 2008, 20:28
http://www.howtoforge.com/changing-language-and-keyboard-layout-on-various-linux-distributions

memis
7th June 2008, 22:04
error in vmware image, attach print image error.

Sorry my bad ENGLISH.

till
7th June 2008, 22:07
Please make sure that you select to keep the mac address when you start the vm the first time, otherwise you will loose the network interface.

memis
7th June 2008, 22:33
Please make sure that you select to keep the mac address when you start the vm the first time, otherwise you will loose the network interface.

Does that as active or puts?

till
7th June 2008, 22:52
Does that as active or puts?

Sorry, I do not understand your question. Please explain a bit more.

memis
8th June 2008, 01:45
As I choose not to change the MAC address?
I use VMware Workstation 6.

--- Español ---
Como hago para que se matenga la dirección MAC? para que no se cambie.
Uso el vmware workstation 6

till
8th June 2008, 11:53
Then you should check the networking settings of your VM, the error message states that there is no eth0 network card in the vm. Make sure that you enabled bridged networking with at least 1 network card for this vm in vmware.

memis
8th June 2008, 17:52
Please help!!!!
Atta image vmware config,

till
9th June 2008, 10:00
The vmware settings look fine.
Plesae execute the following command within the VM as root user and post the output:

ifconfig

till
10th June 2008, 12:20
The next Beta release of ISPConfig 3 is available:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=130357

SamTzu
11th June 2008, 18:45
The download link nolonger works.
I'd like to test this too.

till
11th June 2008, 19:06
This version is deprecated. Please have a look in the sticky post in this forum or in my post right above ;)

mitho7
4th March 2009, 07:59
I was trying to find the hardware requirements to run ISP Config 3. Can can any one tell what is the standard hardware requirements, like cpu, memory etc.

till
4th March 2009, 09:55
There are no special hardware requirements for ispconfig 3 as its basically just a set of scripts with a web interface. Every hardware that is produced in the last, lets say five years, will work. But this depends mostly on how many mail users you want to have and how many webpages per hour shall be served.

I recommend that your server has at least 500 MB ram.