PDA

View Full Version : Postfix forward/redirect?

jfer
13th January 2006, 16:22
how can I configure postfix to forward/redirect all incoming emails to another mail server (mail.domain.com).

falko
14th January 2006, 00:27
You can use Transports. Put the following line into /etc/postfix/main.cf:

transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
Into /etc/postfix/transport, you put
* smtp:<destination mailserver>

Then run
postmap /etc/postfix/transport
/etc/init.d/postfix restart

ProServ-uk.com
12th August 2007, 15:12
Hi im kinda new to postfix my self so just want to double check were you add >>>>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

Regards rickie

soroccoheaven
12th August 2007, 16:32
Hi im kinda new to postfix my self so just want to double check were you add >>>>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

Regards rickie

In /etc/postfix/main.cf

ProServ-uk.com
12th August 2007, 17:03
sorry asbout the last post i actually meant is there a specific place in the main.cf file it should be placed, like the top of the file the bottom...

Regards rickie

falko
13th August 2007, 20:16
sorry asbout the last post i actually meant is there a specific place in the main.cf file it should be placed, like the top of the file the bottom...

That doesn't matter at all. You can place all settings wherever you like in main.cf. :)

ProServ-uk.com
13th August 2007, 20:36
thank you falko for the reply :)

ikiini
27th November 2007, 19:03
Hye I'm new to postfix and need to accomplish the same effect as above ( I need all emails coming to a certain domain to be forwarded to a single use under another domain.) so what I did, I added the domain to the transport table and the transport to the appropriate server. My problem is I am not clear on how I am to retrieve the mail sent to that domain. How does the mail know what user to go to? or how do I dictate what user all mail coming to domain blabla.com should go to on blabla2.com?

-B

falko
28th November 2007, 17:27
Take a look at
man 5 transport

tardomatic
11th December 2007, 10:00
You can also use:

relayhost = smtp.server.com

in main.cf to forward all external mail to a smart host