PDA

View Full Version : A couple of ispconfig questions

jimmy
19th December 2005, 23:41
Where can i find the conf for the mail scanner? i,d like to change it to drop the emails without returning a warning to sender which is causing alot of returned mails due to worms that email via spoofed email addresses. Also, is there anyway of retrieving a mail users password, i gather ispconfigs not showing of it as a security measure but cant seem to retrieve em via phpmyadmin either...and sometimes its necesary for us to retrieve user passwords for support purposes. :D

falko
20th December 2005, 10:47
The antivirus scanner script is /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/trashscan.
There are also some procmail recipes in each user's directory like .antivirus.rc, .html-trap.rc, and .local-rules.rc that might be of interest to you.

Also, is there anyway of retrieving a mail users password, i gather ispconfigs not showing of it as a security measure but cant seem to retrieve em via phpmyadmin either...and sometimes its necesary for us to retrieve user passwords for support purposes.
No, because ISPConfig does not store the passwords anywhere. They go immediately to /etc/shadow (in encrypted form), so there'S no way of retrieving a lost password. So you have to give your users new passwords (and tell them to be more carefully... They wouldn't handle the keys to their cars that carelessly, would they?) ;)