PDA

View Full Version : Multi Samba Server on same machine

webstergd
16th December 2005, 20:42
Do you guys know of an howto's for setting up multiple samba servers on the same machine.

For the operating system I am thinking of using Redhat with SELinux.

Thank you

till
17th December 2005, 09:44
Why multi samba on the same machine?

If its for security, you might consider running XEN with several LInux + Samba instances.

webstergd
17th December 2005, 18:15
Yes you are correct this is for a security set up. Hum...I will check out XEN i was thinking of maybe having to use VMWare.

Thank you for your help

falko
17th December 2005, 18:34
You might want to check out this Xen tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_xen_setup_debian_ubuntu

till
17th December 2005, 18:44
Yes you are correct this is for a security set up. Hum...I will check out XEN i was thinking of maybe having to use VMWare.

If you want to run linux on linux or linux <==> Freebsd the XEN will be a good solution. As far as i know it is faster then vmware because it has no emulation layer.

webstergd
17th December 2005, 18:47
Do you guys know if xen will work properly with SELinux? Only catch is the system is required to have SELinux. <- not my idea

Thanks again for your help. Also, would you like me to write up a small how to as I go?

falko
18th December 2005, 16:20
Do you guys know if xen will work properly with SELinux? Only catch is the system is required to have SELinux. <- not my idea
I have tested Xen only on Debian Sarge without SELinux, so I can't tell...

Also, would you like me to write up a small how to as I go?
Would be great! :)