View Full Version : ASP.NET on suse 10
8th November 2005, 13:57
Ok I think I will be able to install the FrontPage extensions... fingers crossed... what about ASP.Net extensions... did a quick search on google and cant find where to download them from.
Anyone have any ideas.
Another question are there any drawbacks to installing FrontPage and ASP.net extensions... can anything go wrong to screw everything up ect...
8th November 2005, 14:55
ASP.NET is not available for Linux. Maybe you mean mono, the free port of the .NET framework that includes also some parts of ASP.NET.
8th November 2005, 15:19
Yes Mono I have downloaded all the files that I can.... has anyone else installed this.... and if so can you offer any pointers.
26th January 2006, 15:37
1. Download and install all the mono environment that you require from the mono-project.
2. Don't install the XSP and Mod_Mono as these should be installed from the tar balls
3. Get the tar balls from sources. Only get the XSP and Mod_Mono tar balls.
4. Expand each by using this command: tar -zxvf XSP...tar.gz. This will expand out the source. Expand out both.
5. Work with XSP first as this contains the mod_mono_server that will be untilised by mod_mono under apache.
6. Follow the instructions contained within INSTALL
7. Do the same for mod_mono.
8. Once you have installed the required components you will have to setup apache.
9. This is also contained in the INSTALL for mod_mono.
10. Restart apache
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.